Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnect between order and execution

Options
  • 09-02-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I ordered a phone line (and possibly broadband, depending on achieved speeds) last week, and received a mail that a technician would visit on Feb 17, over 2 weeks after placing the order. Perhaps I'm spoiled from experiences with other providers but this does seem excessive for the simple task of enabling a switch in the exchange. 

Actually I'm convinced that the person I ordered from, while very nice and helpful, didn't quite understand the situation: I already have a physical connection so I don't need a technical visit. Also it's critical that I keep my current number, something he couldn't quite grasp either. When I called your customer service line today, the person who answered basically couldn't tell me anything over what I already knew - it seemed from talking to her that she couldn't even see the details of the order, although that does seem absurd. She insisted that once the line was in place, I could then order the transfer of my current phone number and not before: this is unacceptable since it's needed 24x7.

So my questions are:
    • Does it really take 2 weeks to turn on an existing line?
    • Is it normal not to transfer an existing number with the transfer of the service, or is it possible to enable that at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

This is going from bad to worse. Because I was contacted by a delivery guy, I realised that you have my address wrong, really, really badly wrong - completely wrong area. OK, so I called your CS line and it appears that changing my address involves closing my order and creating a new one. And, of course, I have to spend all that time doing it. I'm about 0.1 mm away from abandoning the idea of moving to Eir and going with one of the other providers - there is competition here, you know! I can't express enough the bad feeling I have with the whole Eir thing - I haven't even started service and it's gone wrong already.

So what is going to happen is one of the following:
    • The information in the account with the wrong address is copied to the new account so that when they call me tomorrow, all I have to do is confirm stuff. And there will be no delay of provision of service, i.e. current orders will be associated with the new account so that I will not go back to square one and lose a week.
    • I go to a different provider.
    [*]

This utter incompetence and inability to fix things is, frankly, unbelievable for a 21st century company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

HI bpmurray

I'm really sorry to hear of this negative experience. Please Feel free to PM me your existing land line number or account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

eir: Alan wrote: »
    HI bpmurray

I'm really sorry to hear of this negative experience. Please Feel free to PM me your existing land line number or account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks, Al but you're too late. I just didn't feel it was worth the risk of going with Eir who had gotten so much wrong before even starting the service. Instead I went to Vodafone who were helpful, open, honest, persistent and polite, just about everything Eir wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

bpmurray wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    HI bpmurray

Thanks

Al
    Thanks, Al but you're too late. I just didn't feel it was worth the risk of going with Eir who had gotten so much wrong before even starting the service. Instead I went to Vodafone who were helpful, open, honest, persistent and polite, just about everything Eir wasn't.
    Hi bpmurray

Although I am sorry to hear this and I will pass your feedback on for process improvement I would also like to wish you the very best for the future.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement