Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Pike

• 09-02-2016 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good stretch of river worth a days piking? Dublin based and don't mind travelling an hour or so any direction! Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

It's no secret that the Suck and the Shannon have always been good pike rivers. The only problem being that you can't currently get near them with the floods! Plenty of good lakes about though.

You're not going to get very specific information regarding pike venues on a public forum but check out the IFI's 'Pike Waters of Ireland' page and it should put you right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I'm in the east the Shannon is in the west, I don't mind travelling a bit but that's a little to far tbh. I'm not looking for exact spots, willing to do research for myself. What I was hoping for really was for someone to say, this river has never let me down for pike. At least then I know where to head for and do the research on it. I have a few lakes that I go to regularly that seldom fail to produce for me but I'm looking to beach out a bit really. I've never caught a river pike and I'd really like a good chance at it, due to work and wife expecting our first child my time for spending days on the bank are going to be drastically cut, hence, im asking for a rough idea not an exact mark.
    I am available for any PM as I understand people may feel the need.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

You would be at the Shannon in not much over an hour from Dublin. There are rivers in the east that produce but people are not keen to even name them as they can get pressured and that's the kiss of death for pike.

Advertisement