Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick leave

• 09-02-2016 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi just wondering how many self certified sick leave days a teacher (secondary) can take ? Is it 6 over two years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

7 I'm fairly sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

It's 7 over rolling 24 months.

Google 'Circular 12/2015' for the full details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

Yeah 7 over 2 years but I'd be wary of taking uncertified sick days if non permanent .Many managements seem to treat Dept cover days as some kind of currency to hoard and woe betide those who 'use up' any of their stash .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭janes1234

2011abc wrote:
    Yeah 7 over 2 years but I'd be wary of taking uncertified sick days if non permanent .Many managements seem to treat Dept cover days as some kind of currency to hoard and woe betide those who 'use up' any of their stash .

Ok I'm so tired if being non permanent :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭icebergiceberg

Did I read somewhere that if you actually take those 7 days within those two years or whatever the time frame is that they (the Dept? ETB?) would be querying it?)

I am not entirely sure which leave it was or which circular it was but I do recall saying to someone at the time: We are entitled to X days, yet if we take X days (as we are legally entitled to) the Dept/ETB would be asking about it.

I also recalled saying what cheek the Dept/ETB have to be querying what we are legally entitled to.

Does anybody know what I am talking about or did I misread something? I am sure I saw something written down about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement