Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendalough Lap of the Gap Marathon

Options
  • 09-02-2016 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Glendalough AC are delighted to be launching this terrific challenge for 28th of May: a full road marathon over the traditional 'Lap of the Gap' circuit with accompanying half-marathon to the Glenmacnass Waterfall and back - one of the toughest and most scenic road races in the UK and Ireland.

This event is not-for-profit and proceeds will go towards development of athletics and outdoor sports in the wider Glendalough and Laragh communities. Website coming up - in the meantime if this sounds like your thing, check out what we have so far. Only thing we can promise you won't get: a PB!

Facebook page (current update source):
    https://www.facebook.com/lapofthegap

Current registration (courtesy of Athletics Timing, Wicklow):
    https://form.jotformeu.com/60386940978370

www.lapofthegap.ie (going live soon - check back!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

I'll be pacing the 2:50 group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I'll be pacing the 2:50 group :D

I'll be photographing the 2:50 group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Looks like a nice challenge. 2:50 for the first half should be manageable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Website live. www.lapofthegap.com (not .ie as per OP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Bump.
    Last day for the early bird rate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Bump.
    Last day for the early bird rate!

cheers for the reminder, I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wish I could do this race, but looks like I have a scheduling conflict. I ran 24 miles of the course a couple of weeks back with a training buddy, and really enjoyed it (just missed out on the flat piece between Glendalough and Laragh). That final climb before the descent to Laragh looks like a blip on an elevation graph, but is quite the soul-destroyer! There were strange noises emanating from my throat on that climb that I had never heard before or since. Sad that I'll miss out, but glad to have run the recce's, and hopefully make it back for a future running of the event.

Advertisement