Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casey's Dream Appeal

Options
  • 09-02-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Had a couple of guys here this afternoon looking for donations for this appeal.
    Looked a bit suspect, didn't give them anything.

Googled to find they've been doing the rounds around the northside as well taking money off people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Hmm...
    Just gave 10 euro to two fellas collecting for this, just outside the city on the south side.
    I was so relieved that they weren't canvassing for votes that I just threw money at them!
    I hope they were legit..

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

BobCobb wrote: »
    Hmm...
    Just gave 10 euro to two fellas collecting for this, just outside the city on the south side.
    I was so relieved that they weren't canvassing for votes that I just threw money at them!
    I hope they were legit..

They had a copy of the Facebook page appeal and just flashed it at me, didn't give a chance to have a look at it, just got a vibe off him.

I think they only take donations through their webpage afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

He gave me a copy of that after I gave him the money. It was full of kid's puzzles, which seemed a bit odd, and it gave very little info on the actual appeal.
    Hard to know...I googled it and couldn't find much information online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

BobCobb wrote: »
    He gave me a copy of that after I gave him the money. It was full of kid's puzzles, which seemed a bit odd, and it gave very little info on the actual appeal.
    Hard to know...I googled it and couldn't find much information online about it.

Just told him I'd donate online if that was okay.
    Living in a rural area so your very wary of strangers turning up looking for money on the doorstep nowadays..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tracey fitz10

Just came across this. The guys are very legit. I'm Casey's mum, the money is being lodged weekly into my daughters charity bank account. Go onto Facebook and type in Casey's dream appeal to be added to her group. I'm the admin of it and I can and will answer any doubts you have. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭straighttohell

They've just been around the Kilworth area, gave him a tenner and immeadiately regretted it

A guy has been around the Fermoy /Kilworth area, couldnt make out the badge. Is this legit? Sorry to sound cynical but there you go........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The number of these kind of appeals is now getting a bit mad. There must have been at least 3 called (maybe 4) to my place in last 5/6 weeks. I've turned them all away unfortunately as you just don't know what is legit anymore.

Agreed Ludo, also IMO if you see a badge, forget it. I've no problem supporting local stuff and If they are local they wont need ID anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Theres another thread about this I'm sure.Something dodge about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Ludo wrote: »
    The number of these kind of appeals is now getting a bit mad. There must have been at least 3 called (maybe 4) to my place in last 5/6 weeks. I've turned them all away unfortunately as you just don't know what is legit anymore.

If you donate to registered charities, it's tax deductable, (so i can give the tax portion too). Maximises it. No point the govt getting the tax on a tax deductable item. That's why i don't give at the door, it's wasteful.

Advertisement