Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham vs Liverpool, FA Cup Replay, 19:45, BT Sport

• 09-02-2016 6:04pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool have Coutinho, Sturridge and Origi back in contention for this game, but despite that Benteke will probably start. For some reason Liverpool will be playing not the strongest team possible so that some players can be rested for a league game that is less consequential in my view. Lovren and Allen are injured anyhow, but there will likely be a good few changes from the game at the weekend. That might not be a bad thing though as the first XI are playing crap.

West Ham will presumably be at full strength, and confident having beaten Liverpool twice already this season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

5starpool wrote: »
    Liverpool have Coutinho, Sturridge and Origi back in contention for this game, but despite that Benteke will probably start. For some reason Liverpool will be playing not the strongest team possible so that some players can be rested for a league game that is less consequential in my view. Lovren and Allen are injured anyhow, but there will likely be a good few changes from the game at the weekend. That might not be a bad thing though as the first XI are playing crap.

West Ham will presumably be at full strength, and confident having beaten Liverpool twice already this season.

That is seriously up for debate on which is the stronger side, ive been more impressed with our fringe side so far barring Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I agree - the reserve team have been excellent and more than deserve their chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I'd love to see ward given a shot tonight, if not then hopefully someone in China is watching and mignolet doesn't make his weekly howler and a save every couple of shots would even be an improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As this could go all the way to peno's (which might be Liverpool's best bet!) it hard to imagine Sturridge starting this, ditto Origi but hopefully one of them will plus Coutinho. Did Firmino travel?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Caulker, Skrtel, Lovren injured, Sakho and Toure rested. Lucas and Enrique at CB again then I guess?

Jesus.

• Advertisement

Caulker, Skrtel, Lovren injured, Sakho and Toure rested. Lucas and Enrique at CB again then I guess?

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

West Ham win based on the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

As this could go all the way to peno's (which might be Liverpool's best bet!) it hard to imagine Sturridge starting this, ditto Origi but hopefully one of them will plus Coutinho. Did Firmino travel?

I think that's exactly why he would start, much like in the Southampton league cup game. If you start him you can give him exactly the amount of time you want and take him off, but if you bring him on, he could end up playing 30 minutes more than you'd planned.

Could see Studge starting and Origi coming on early second half.

<edit> Or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Confirmed #LFC team to face @whufc_official: Mignolet, Flanagan, Lucas, Ilori, Smith, Stewart, Chirivella, Teixeira, Coutinho, Ibe, Benteke.

#LFC line up v West Ham: Mignolet, Flanagan, Ilori, Lucas, Smith, Chirivella, Stewart, Ibe, Coutinho, Teixeira, Benteke.

#LFC subs: Ward, Enrique, Milner, Henderson, Sturridge, Origi, Randall

I can't see us winning. 10 changes from last weekend, and the one I wanted to see didn't happen. How is Mignolet still in goal when all other players are changed?

At least Coutinho is back starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

At least its a strong bench.

enrique-dolphins8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ideally I'd like to think Mignolet starting means he's the cup keeper now and Ward the first choice, but we all know Mig will be given a thousand more chances.

#WHUFC XI to play #LFC: Randolph, O'Brien, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Noble, Obiang, Antonio, Kouyate, Payet, Valencia.
    The Hammers bench is as follows: Adrian, Carroll, Collins, Moses, Oxford, Cullen, Parfitt-Williams. #WHUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Wonder what the thinking is behind that team there's really nothing to play for in the league for Pool at this stage and even if there was its Aston Villa on Sunday...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

3-3 aet then 3-2 Liverpool on penos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Yeah I'd rather we went out to win the cups, at least we could put it to any team on our day. We're hardly focusing on europa league qualification.

Wonder what the thinking is behind that team there's really nothing to play for in the league for Pool at this stage and even if there was its Aston Villa on Sunday...

Yep, it's pretty frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The team that's been playing in the league has been useless, the youth lads have been much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Confirmed #LFC team to face @whufc_official: Mignolet, Flanagan, Lucas, Ilori, Smith, Stewart, Chirivella, Teixeira, Coutinho, Ibe, Benteke.

Weird strategy to risk a chance in the cup for what exactly in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jesus.

Done his hamstring also. Yet still thinks he can walk on water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think Klopp wants to finish as high up the table as possible, for sake of pride. Does not want to have lowest ever premiership finish to his name.

Also teams above are so inconsistent in the unlikely event of a Liverpool run who knows where they could finish. Top 4 most likely not but 5th and 6th is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely there has to be a better option than Chirivella?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I fear a wupping

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Really disappointed to see Mignolet in goals again. I can only imagine that they've looked at Ward in training and reckon he's no better? Either way they've screwed up what was looking like a great season for Ward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Really disappointed to see Mignolet in goals again. I can only imagine that they've looked at Ward in training and reckon he's no better? Either way they've screwed up what was looking like a great season for Ward.
    With a CB pairing of Lucas and Ilori, it isn't a night to start Ward.
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/697132320294354945

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Good to see Randolph again, hope he moves to a club where he can be a regular starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

With a CB pairing of Lucas and Ilori, it isn't a night to start Ward.
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/697132320294354945

If you had a CB pairing of Cannavaro and Nesta it still wouldn't be a night to start Mignolet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Great Michael Owen commentating, fresh from his latest obvious remark in the City V Leicester game '' Leicester score followed by this remarkable insight
    '' If game ended now Leicester would win this''
    I kid you not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lucas at centre back means he's definitely giving away a penalty tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

This could be a hiding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Buzzing for this one.

Vote for Pedro
    Who is this guy ??

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    This could be a hiding...

Yea West Ham have no hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Awful lineup.....wish we'd take this more seriously......looks an easy night for WH....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Damn. Didn't get to continue my thread streak.
    Come on the team.

• Advertisement

All these sets of fans must think they are so hilarious with the 'sign on' song.

Nice to here fans from the salubrious East End of London singing "Sign on". Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Benteke to do something special tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

All these sets of fans must think they are so hilarious with the 'sign on' song.

Those crafty cockneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Football fans in original chant shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Benteke to do something special tonight..

....and break into a canter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

NukaCola wrote: »
    Awful lineup.....wish we'd take this more seriously......looks an easy night for WH....

Probably better than the team that drew the last WH game.

Our midfield of kids has largely done fewer stupid things on the ball than their senior counterparts. They've kept things simple and kept possession by and large when they've played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ibe move into the box fecking hell

Football fans in original chant shock.

Can you name another club where a derogatory song is sung about the fans/city by almost every set of opposition fans? I genuinely can't.

Benteke needed to shoot there.
    There was the chance to shoot. He needs to take them when they arrive.

Benteke needed to shoot there.
    There was the chance to shoot. He needs to take them when they arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What is klopp playing at prioritising the league unless he thinks we might be in a relegation battle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

murpho999 wrote: »
    Nice to here fans from the salubrious East End of London singing "Sign on". Classy.

Wait for the feed the scousers that they were signing in the 1st game

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can you name another club where a derogatory song is sung about the fans/city by almost every set of opposition fans? I genuinely can't.

You'll never get a job....

While you pay £50 a ticket to a game!!

What is klopp playing at prioritising the league unless he thinks we might be in a relegation battle

Maybe he trusts these players and wants to build their confidence and give them experience, sure the 1st pick have been awful and losing anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement