Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham vs Liverpool, FA Cup Replay, 19:45, BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Several replays show that Lucas did push for the free kick.

May have gone down soft, but still.

And if it was a free kick then it should have been a free kick out as goal scorer pushed a Liverpool defender when jumping for the ball, swings and roundabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

And if it was a free kick then it should have been a free kick out as goal scorer pushed a Liverpool defender when jumping for the ball, swings and roundabouts

West-Ham-United-v-FC-Lusitans-UEFA-Europa-League.jpg

edit: Just saw it again, Ogbonna didn't push anyone.

https://streamable.com/wgtb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Soups123 wrote: »
    In fairness Pool had a second string out against a strong West Ham, doubt Klopp will be too bothered

He should be, just thrown away a winnable competition for what? To have a stronger side out against the worst team in the league at the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A good performance doesn't cut it in a cup game, you have to win, there's no positives from being knocked out of a cup.

Its staggering IMO the line-ups Klopp has played in a winnable competition that actually holds a bit of credit (unlike the Capital One which is forgotten about 2 days after the final)

Positves tonight: Sturridge back, Lucas great in the back, Origi back, Coutinho back, Illori did well, another game for Flanagan.

I'm not going to criticise them for a late defeat in a cup game with a dodgy free kick.
    Also, we had our chance to take it but Benteke is not at the races at the moment.

Thank's for reminding me you have to win in a cup game. Didn't know that.
    Does that mean we're out of it now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You're right. You do sound bitter. Given some of the prominent past players ye have had in your team, I wouldn't complain too much about diving if I were you.

We would have won it in normal time were it not for the referee. As it happened, he gifted you the chance of extra time and you blew it by being unable to defend set pieces.

West ham played the ref, fair play to them. Whats the problem with you admitting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He should be, just thrown away a winnable competition for what? To have a stronger side out against the worst team in the league at the weekend?

"Stronger side"? You mean the ones who threw away a 2-0 lead to Sunderland at the weekend? You're just looking for a reason to criticise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Disrespected the competition with the team line-up and thats what you get

And yet they outclassed West Ham for most of the game. Stupid post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mignolet in bad position for goal.
    Too near his near post, with a free kick like that one should be thinking that if a West Ham player wins the header it will have to go across the goal, back from direction it came from.
    He should have been more center, protecting each side equally so that he would have at least the chance to reach ball and try save it, not just watch it float into a empty net.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Positves tonight: Sturridge back, Lucas great in the back, Origi back, Coutinho back, Illori did well, another game for Flanagan.

I'm not going to criticise them for a late defeat in a cup game with a dodgy free kick.
    Also, we had our chance to take it but Benteke is not at the races at the moment.

Thank's for reminding me you have to win in a cup game. Didn't know that.
    Does that mean we're out of it now?

Yes im delighted to confirm for you that Liverpool are out of the FA Cup

Alright man we get it, no need to keep repeating yourself. We understand you dont like Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A lot of positives there for Liverpool tonight, as disappointing as it was. Some young players have proved they can do a job for the club and may have a future.

Disappointing to go out of the FA Cup, it always is. Best of luck to West Ham, a fantastic club. It'd be nice for them to win the cup going into their new stadium.

From Liverpool's point of view, we're already the most successful club in the history of English football, hopefully we can top that up with the League Cup and build on that for next year.

Saying Liverpool would win the title in his reign, not looking like he's a manager capable of it ATM. Early days of course

He never said that, and if he did , how is it spoofing, he didn't say this year?

niallo27 wrote: »
    Alright man we get it, no need to keep repeating yourself. We understand you dont like Klopp.

I like Klopp, great character, good for the league. Just think it was a baffling decision to sacrifice the FA Cup, that another manager would have been slaughtered for ie Rodgers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

West ham played the ref, fair play to them. Whats the problem with you admitting that.
    Do you actually think you sound magnanimous or something with that comment?
    We scored twice, had a stonewall penalty and probable red card denied (by the same referee you think we "played") and hit the woodwork twice. What's the problem with you admitting that?

Saying Liverpool would win the title in his reign, not looking like he's a manager capable of it ATM. Early days of course

:pac::pac:

I like Klopp, great character, good for the league. Just think it was a baffling decision to sacrifice the FA Cup, that another manager would have been slaughtered for ie Rodgers

Most managers do it. It just seems a trend with you lately calling him a spoofer and so on every time liverpool get a bad result.

Do you actually think you sound magnanimous or something with that comment?
    We scored twice, had a stonewall penalty and probable red card denied (by the same referee you think we "played") and hit the woodwork twice. What's the problem with you admitting that?

Fair enough but do you think West ham played the ref tonight. What red card are you talking about by the way.

• Advertisement

• I like Klopp, great character, good for the league. Just think it was a baffling decision to sacrifice the FA Cup, that another manager would have been slaughtered for ie Rodgers

Fair play for actually criticising him because he seems to continuosly escape it. In all fairness cup games should have been the highest priority for Liverpool and the management at this stage of the season considering there league position is a washout.

He could have chosen to play fringe players in the league rather than in competitions where they actually had a chance of gaining silverware.

Most managers do it. It just seems a trend with you lately calling him a spoofer and so on every time liverpool get a bad result.

Do you expect me to praise him after a bad result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

martyos121 wrote: »
    And yet they outclassed West Ham for most of the game. Stupid post.

West ham lol

Fair enough but do you think West ham played the ref tonight. What red card are you talking about by the way.

Think he is talking about the pen thinking it should have been a red if awarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think he must be on about the tackle on Stewart?

Do you expect me to praise him after a bad result?

No but you had 37 posts after the last 2 games talking about Klopp and only 4 or 5 during the game. It appears to me you may have a bit of an agenda.

• Advertisement

Klopp has us in a cup final.

West ham lol

Yep same West ham that twice destroyed the so called better team of Liverpool this season

No but you had 37 posts after the last 2 games talking about Klopp and only 4 or 5 during the game. It appears to me you may have a bit of an agenda.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: I haven't had 37 posts in a year id say :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Think he is talking about the pen thinking it should have been a red if awarded

It was a definite penalty but they are never given really. Anything off the ball is rarely given. It doesnt make it right but thats the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just because you lads haven't heard of some of the Liverpool players doesn't mean they're bad. The 'first' team has been useless and if they all started you'd probably be criticising Klopp for not changing it up even though there were obvious flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fair play for actually criticising him because he seems to continuosly escape it. In all fairness cup games should have been the highest priority for Liverpool and the management at this stage of the season considering there league position is a washout.

He could have chosen to play fringe players in the league rather than in competitions where they actually had a chance of gaining silverware.

He picked players in most of the cup games that are playing much much better than most of the players getting a game in the league and that's a fact.

To me he's been playing a team with a bit of hunger in the cups. Unfortunately didn't take our chances tonight but we'll done to West Ham and I hope they go all the way. Bilic has some very good players there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Boom! Great result, no idea what kind of game it was only in the door but I hear it would have been over sooner had West Ham not been robbed of a stonewaller?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

still has years to live up to that. you are just looking for a reaction not getting it and keep persisting lol

I just said at the present moment it does not appear that he will live up to it, even said myself its early days yet

We're in the League Cup final and have the Europa League coming up in a bit. But in fairness, we're just protecting our face.

I just said at the present moment it does not appear that he will live up to it, even said myself its early days yet

Yea and let him get in his own players 1st and have a proper pre season

39 people will think your crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

:(

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    He picked players in most of the cup games that are playing much much better than most of the players getting a game in the league and that's a fact.

To me he's been playing a team with a bit of hunger in the cups. Unfortunately didn't take our chances tonight but we'll done to West Ham and I hope they go all the way. Bilic has some very good players there now.

It's a strange statement to suggest that it's fact that fringe players have been playing consitantly better than the senior squad which I don't agree with.

To elaborate on my earlier point, fair enough if Liverpool were in this position in 2015 then a risk of falling out of the cup early in order to blood players is fine as the league was wide open at that stage but to be sticking with that risk so late into the season against a pretty much full strengh West Ham squad was a mistake. Clearly priorities should have shifted in order to actually try and gain some siverware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

Boom! Great result, no idea what kind of game it was only in the door but I hear it would have been over sooner had West Ham not been robbed of a stonewaller?

It could have gone either way. It could have been any score. Liverpool missed some good chances with lack of confidence. Hammers should have had a penalty technically but only hawk eye would have spotted it. No referee would give it (unless it's a big European team)

It's a strange statement to suggest that it's fact that fringe players have been playing consitantly better than the senior squad which I don't agree with.

To elaborate on my earlier point, fair enough if Liverpool were in this position in 2015 then a risk of falling out of the cup early in order to blood players is fine as the league was wide open at that stage but to be sticking with that risk so late into the season against a pretty much full strengh West Ham squad was a mistake. Clearly priorities should have shifted in order to actually try and gain some siverware.

Sure it's done now what can you do. The team was good enough to win tonight but didn't take their chances

• Advertisement

• monkey9 wrote: »
    We're in the League Cup final and have the Europa League coming up in a bit. But in fairness, we're just protecting our face.

You obviously chose to ignore my original post.
    I have already stated he's under pressure to deliver the League Cup. What's your point? Doesn't change the fact all other cup opportunites should be flagged as high priority considering your league position is a write-off. Especially considering it's one of the most famous cups in English football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

You obviously chose to ignore my original post.
    I have already stated he's under pressure to deliver the League Cup. What's your point? Doesn't change the fact all other cup opportunites should be flagged as high priority considering your league position is a write-off. Especially considering it's one of the most famous cups in English football.

Jaysus, for a club you profess to dislike so much you're very concerned about our affairs aren't ya?

• Alonso77 wrote: »
    Jaysus, for a club you profess to dislike so much you're very concerned about our affairs aren't ya?

Who's says I can't discuss football regardless of who I dislike? Why don't you try and add to the thread instead of having a go at me perhaps!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Who's says I can't discuss football regardless of who I dislike? Why don't you try and add to the thread instead of having a go at me perhaps!?

Ha ha you're fooling no-one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Klopp is not under pressure to deliver the League Cup, except in the heads of people like Mick.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Sure it's done now what can you do. The team was good enough to win tonight but didn't take their chances

They obviously were not good enough, if it was you would be in the next round. It just comes across that you are being completely dismissive of West Ham and there performance and bias to the fact a bad risk was taken by Liverpool management in how they approached this game.

Yes but in the context he says as he lays out his target for his 4 year contract and I don't see anything wrong with it. Said with a laugh too,
    Good that he's set a goal.

He doesn't escape it. The reason is he doesn't deserve it as Liverpool fans get what he's doing.

He took over a poorly playing team and imbalanced squad. He stated from the start that he will need time.
    There are zero expectations from him to win anything this season. In the early days with results over Chelsea and City, we were in a sniff of top 4 and we got excited but injuries and reality set in.
    He's under no pressure to win the league cup. It would be a great bonus to win a trophy in his first 6 months but if we lose it won't change anything that is planned in the long term.

His approach in the FA Cup has been enlightening and it almost paid off. Players for the future get invaluable experience and could have won only for poor finishing. They did no worse then the 'first team' who threw away a 2-0 lead on Saturday.

So we're in it for the long haul and it's a work in progress that will require his own signings and time. Nobody except opposition fans, mostly Utd are judging him at this stage or from game to game.

• murpho999 wrote: »
    He doesn't escape it. The reason is he doesn't deserve it as Liverpool fans get what he's doing.

He took over a poorly playing team and imbalanced squad. He stated from the start that he will need time.
    There are zero expectations from him to win anything this season. In the early days with results over Chelsea and City, we were in a sniff of top 4 and we got excited but injuries and reality set in.
    He's under no pressure to win the league cup. It would be a great bonus to win a trophy in his first 6 months but if we lose it won't change anything that is planned in the long term.

His approach in the FA Cup has been enlightening and it almost paid off. Players for the future get invaluable experience and could have won only for poor finishing. They did no worse then the 'first team' who threw away a 2-0 lead on Saturday.

So we're in it for the long haul and it's a work in progress that will require his own signings and time. Nobody except opposition fans, mostly Utd are judging him at this stage or from game to game.

You surely can't make an outright statement for "Liverpool fans" getting what he is doing. Maybe you should run a poll because you might find that alot of them don't agree with you. I have close m8s who are pool fans and wouldn't stand behind what you are preaching. You have been in the long haul for a very long time and when you look at the squad it should be doing alot better than it is.
    It's more of a carry on excuse from the Rodgers era that's starting to get repetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Great thread, would read again.©

Advertisement