Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham vs Liverpool, FA Cup Replay, 19:45, BT Sport

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You obviously chose to ignore my original post.
    I have already stated he's under pressure to deliver the League Cup. What's your point? Doesn't change the fact all other cup opportunites should be flagged as high priority considering your league position is a write-off. Especially considering it's one of the most famous cups in English football.

He's under no pressure to win the LC.

Although saying that, correct me if I'm wrong here, he has gotten to one more cup final in his short time at Liverpool than LVG has gotten to with United in a much longer tenure.

I also believe that Klopp has not yet made any signings to improve our first eleven whereas LVG has gotten a few windows and marquee signings under his belt.

Now you also say in a previous reply to me that we should be playing our strongest/best players, in the cups etc, yet in the United thread many suggest that Pereira and Januzi(can't spell his name) should be starting ahead of Depay. Yet cleary Depay is a far far better player than both Pereira and Januzi, although not playing well at the moment. Other more senior players also got the same treatment earlier in the season ala Rooney, Felanai and Blind. Are you saying then that the younger/fringe players, who may not be as good as the 1st teamers should not be given a chance? Because I see those younger players coming in and giving absolutely everything they have for the team to secure a starting place. That attitude will benefit every team.

Based on your logic do you suggest that LVG play his strongest 11 now in FA cup games and forget about the league as you now surely have EC sown up and CL is just out of reach?

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention that West Ham absolutely destroyed our first 11 twice already this year. This team tonight could have won easily only for 3 or 4 badly taken chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You surely can't make an outright statement for "Liverpool fans" getting what he is doing. Maybe you should run a poll because you might find that alot of them don't agree with you. I have close m8s who are pool fans and wouldn't stand behind what you are preaching. You have been in the long haul for a very long time and when you look at the squad it should be doing alot better than it is.
    It's more of a carry on excuse from the Rodgers era that's starting to get repetitive.

Any Liverpool fan I've spoken to would agree with me.

Why?

We got Klopp, who Utd wanted as well. One of the most coveted coaches in football and the best manager we've had since at least Benitez.

So when he took over, the clock was reset, he has asked for patience and time and he'll get it. No way he'll be judged within 5 months when he hasn't even made a real signing yet.

As for your mates, I think they might be just agreeing with you to stop you going on like you do here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't feed the closet Liverpool fan lads, he's only looking for a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Great thread, would read again.©

:pac::pac::pac:

• murpho999 wrote: »
    Any Liverpool fan I've spoken to would agree with me.

Why?

We got Klopp, who Utd wanted as well. One of the most coveted coaches in football and the best manager we've had since at least Benitez.

So when he took over, the clock was reset, he has asked for patience and time and he'll get it. No way he'll be judged within 5 months when he hasn't even made a real signing yet.

As for your mates, I think they might be just agreeing with you to stop you going on like you do here.

Amazing how Utd came into the conversation.
    Out of interest it would be fun if you could confirm to me where Utd wanted Klopp? Another crazy statement.

Ah and the classic response at the end to try and dismiss a point I made about my m8s thoughts on the situation.

So according to you its fair for you to claim that all Liverpool fans you have spoken too agree with your opinion about Liverpools current situation? All very debatable.

I will leave it that murpho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

it would be fun if you could confirm to me where Utd wanted Klopp?

Fergie approached him about it.

http://m.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0116/760666-jurgen-klopp-manchester-united/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's under no pressure to win the LC.

Although saying that, correct me if I'm wrong here, he has gotten to one more cup final in his short time at Liverpool than LVG has gotten to with United in a much longer tenure.

Why are you bringing Man United into the discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I thought Mick wasn't allowed post in Liverpool threads after his last ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Amazing how Utd came into the conversation.
    Out of interest it would be fun if you could confirm to me where Utd wanted Klopp? Another crazy statement.

Ah and the classic response at the end to try and dismiss a point I made about my m8s thoughts on the situation.

So according to you its fair for you to claim that all Liverpool fans you have spoken too agree with your opinion about Liverpools current situation? All very debatable.

I will leave it that murpho!

Utd was just a small mention but you're making it bigger. In the video below about Ferguson, that is well worth a watch.go to 55 mins and Klopp gets mentioned as being unavailable at the time he retired.

It's also well documented that Klopp said he was approached at the time

One Example

What classic response are you on about?

As for your point I believe that the vast majority of Liverpool fans are very happy with Klopp and understand his situation and are willing to give him time.

quarryman wrote: »
    Why are you bringing Man United into the discussion?

Because Mick suggested that Klopp was under pressure to win the league cup which I don't agree with.

I counter this point to add to the discussion that if Klopp is under so much pressure to win a trophy after such a short period then surely that pressure must be even greater on LVG to win one seen as he is in the job much longer.

Is this not allowed? I didn't realise we weren't allowed to use other teams as examples or counter points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Because Mick suggested that Klopp was under pressure to win the league cup which I don't agree with.

I counter this point to add to the discussion that if Klopp is under so much pressure to win a trophy after such a short period then surely that pressure must be even greater on LVG to win one seen as he is in the job much longer.

Is this not allowed? I didn't realise we weren't allowed to use other teams as examples or counter points.

Using Van Gaal is a terrible example. He is under no pressure at all cause he already knows he is getting sacked end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Definetly should have done the match thread.

Using Van Gaal is a terrible example. He is under no pressure at all cause he already knows he is getting sacked end of season.

I don't think it is a terrible example. Yes he might be gone but nothing is confirmed yet.

I chose LVG as Mick is a United fan and can relate better to him and see why Liverpool don't believe Klopp should be sacked.

Even just consider LVG last year, the majority of people were willing to give him more time and weren't demanding he win anything(both hoped he would) as he wasn't long in the job and at the start of the project, it was only this season that people wanted him to go after he started trying to get United play a way that is so unfamiliar to the Clubs philosophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It would be nice if one thread on the forum didn't have to run into a Liverpool/Man United thing tbh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

martyos121 wrote: »
    Don't feed the closet Liverpool fan lads, he's only looking for a reaction.
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    I thought Mick wasn't allowed post in Liverpool threads after his last ban?

Lads, if you want to discuss the match or the talking points following it, off you go. If you want to get into goading posters, trot on. If you think someone is trolling or whatever, report, ignore, move on. But posts like these are straddling a line with regards the charter. its not up to ye to decide who can and who cannot post in threads like this; non-Pool fans have every right to discuss things when done in a civil manner.

It would be nice if one thread on the forum didn't have to run into a Liverpool/Man United thing tbh

I've no problem with United. I used to catch a lot of their matches as a lot of my friends are United fans.

It was just funny that Mick said that Klopp was under pressure to win a cup now and didn't believe it was the right move to play some of the younger players last night because one of my friends said the exact same thing last night as well and he had pretty much the same points that Mick did (do I know you in real life Mick :D)

I said the exact same thing to him as I posted here to Mick last night and he could see my point, especially regarding the young players and the hunger they bring to a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I don't think it is a terrible example. Yes he might be gone but nothing is confirmed yet.

I chose LVG as Mick is a United fan and can relate better to him and see why Liverpool don't believe Klopp should be sacked.

Even just consider LVG last year, the majority of people were willing to give him more time and weren't demanding he win anything(both hoped he would) as he wasn't long in the job and at the start of the project, it was only this season that people wanted him to go after he started trying to get United play a way that is so unfamiliar to the Clubs philosophy.

When Van Gaal took over he had clear goals at United and that was a top 4 finish for Champions league football.

Just curious what you think Liverpool's goals are this season with Klopp in charge?

When Van Gaal took over he had clear goals at United and that was a top 4 finish for Champions league football.

Just curious what you think Liverpool's goals are this season with Klopp in charge?

I'd say the majority of fans would have liked to challenge for top 4 and have a decent cup run.

We're in a cup final but failed at challenging for top four so that is a disappointment alright but hardly a surprise with the amount of injuries we've had.

If we had have had Ings, Sturridge, Counthio available more we more than likely could have scored a few more goals and won a few more games. Look at Rooney with United, he's back scoring and now they are back winning.

Then with members of the back four constantly changing we got very fragile (more so than normal) and lost to many goals there. Again look at United they've been very solid at the back and that has stopped them loosing to many games.

If both/or even one of the above happened this year I'd say the top 4 challenge would have happened but I still think we would have missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I'd say the majority of fans would have liked to challenge for top 4 and have a decent cup run.

We're in a cup final but failed at challenging for top four so that is a disappointment alright but hardly a surprise with the amount of injuries we've had.

If we had have had Ings, Sturridge, Counthio available more we more than likely could have scored a few more goals and won a few more games. Look at Rooney with United, he's back scoring and now they are back winning.

Then with members of the back four constantly changing we got very fragile (more so than normal) and lost to many goals there. Again look at United they've been very solid at the back and that has stopped them loosing to many games.

If both/or even one of the above happened this year I'd say the top 4 challenge would have happened but I still think we would have missed out.

After Pool beat City it looked like they might mount a serious challenge for top 4 but being closer to relegation now than 4th shows what a brutal season it has been.

ronjo wrote: »
    After Pool beat City it looked like they might mount a serious challenge for top 4 but being closer to relegation now than 4th shows what a brutal season it has been.

And like I said without so many injuries we would have had more goals and conceded less and would probably finished around 6th which wouldnt have been bad changing manager early in the year.

Another thing is that we've already played 40 games this season. I doubt very much if Klopp has had time to really work with the players, bar the basics, when we have a game every 3/4 days.

It's no surprise that our best performances have come straight after International weeks as Klopp has had time during that week to work on his philosophy.

Just saw you said were closer to relegation than CL. I could be wrong here but were 5 places away from 4th and 7 away from 17th. To me that's closer to CL than relegation ;) Not that we'll get either !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ronjo wrote: »

Awful season league wise could possibly finish lower than we did under Dalglish (8th). The squad has been horribly exposed for a lack of quality and balance. The only genuine talents that remain are Sturridge who is always injured, Coutinho who struggles for consistency and the new guy Firmino. The rest is filled with good to average squad level players.
    Rodgers spent years buying the best players from mid table clubs and low and behold we have turned into a mid table side.

FSG are a patient lot to be fair they gave Rodgers plenty of time, Klopp will be afforded the same. He's a top class manager, I'm fully confident at this stage next year we will be looking at a vastly superior side.

Win the league? Probably not but I just want to us, scoring goals, brushing aside with all due respect the lesser sides and competing with the best sides in the division and Europe in the long term.

I have plenty critical things to say about Klopp, but I will hold judgement on him till he atleast has a chance to bring in and bed his own players. I mean if you ever watch his Dortmund side this is so far away from it, I'm not talking about quality even, I'm talking about the attributes like pace, work rate, tactical awareness.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've no problem with United. I used to catch a lot of their matches as a lot of my friends are United fans.

It was just funny that Mick said that Klopp was under pressure to win a cup now and didn't believe it was the right move to play some of the younger players last night because one of my friends said the exact same thing last night as well and he had pretty much the same points that Mick did (do I know you in real life Mick :D)

I said the exact same thing to him as I posted here to Mick last night and he could see my point, especially regarding the young players and the hunger they bring to a team.

Quite possible that I do know you elsewhere now that I think of it :pac:

Quite possible that I do know you elsewhere now that I think of it :pac:

You big weirdo :D

Advertisement