Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

routine hearing tests

Options
  • 09-02-2016 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

I have my hearing aid a year now. Should I have another hearing test to check if it is still at right level for me? Or does the apparatus need checking on annual basis? I cant remember what audiologist recommended originally. I have had the filter replaced a couple of times.

Overall I am very happy with experience of wearing HA and certainly miss it if I forget to bring when going out. I fetch it also if some favourite TV programm on otherwise I do not wear it around the house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Did the audiologist not have you go back at intervals to adjust the levels? I went back a good few times (included in the price) and the levels were gradually changed till they were optimum. The audiologist 'turned them up' several times. I wore them on a lower level till I felt that 'these are no better than being without them' then they were turned up a bit for another couple of weeks and so on till I got to optimum levels. I now go back more or less annually and they are checked out for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭cobham

sorry for late reply... yes my HA were adjusted three times over so many months or so until reached 'prescription level'. I just think I should have device checked over and my ears that they are still a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You probably don't need the full hearing test, but I go back at about 12 month intervals just to see everything is ok.

Advertisement