Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to make melted butter for the cinema popcorn

Options
  • 09-02-2016 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I goto the cinema the odd time, but miss the butter on the popcorn. So was wondering; what is a good way to make the melted butter beforehand, and how to transport the butter to the cinema?

Has anyone been able to sort something like this out? Someone had mentioned ghee to me, but not sure where to get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Melt butter and put in a zip lock bag. Stick that in a flask of hot water to keep it melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

I would say they stopped doing butter in popcorn as its too messy and greasy... imagine you go to the cinema, go to your allocated seat and sit down, put your hand on an arm rest only for it to be sticky etc...yeuch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It was the best part of going to the cinema, the buttered popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Not helpful but Odeon cinemas still do butter on the popcorn if there are any near you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

It's not really butter anyway; it's butter-flavored oil with lots of artificial flavorings. Try mixing clarified butter with some coconut oil instead, and keep it warm in a small coffee flask like the above poster recommends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

The IMC also do buttered popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Ghee would be your best bet! Tesco do large gold tube for around €8.
    Holland and Barrett do a 300g jar of organic ghee for €10+, try any health food shop or asian cookery store!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Ghee would be your best bet! Tesco do large gold tube for around €8.
    Holland and Barrett do a 300g jar of organic ghee for €10+, try any health food shop or asian cookery store!

No, I was serious about adding some coconut oil. It adds an essential, elusive flavor that you can't get any other way if what you're going for is halfway-authentic "movie popcorn" taste. Good idea about the ghee though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Get a thermal coffee mug. Warm it up by filling it with boiling water.

Melt your butter. Empty the mug and wipe dry. Add the butter. Seal, and go to the cinema.

Bring wipes!

Advertisement