Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rec. nice chilled out cafe dublin 1/2?

Options
  • 09-02-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a nice chilled out cafe in and around the dublin1/2 area?
    Like the bookshelf in cork if you know it... chilled out and comfy.. maybe even off the beaten track.. kind of place where you could sit and read a book..
    Maybe even with nice home made healthy treats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Accents on Stephen St, between Aungier St and Stephen's Green, sounds like it would fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭sporina

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Accents on Stephen St, between Aungier St and Stephen's Green, sounds like it would fit the bill.

hmm thanks - will check it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Blaas in the chocolate factory

foodaholic wrote: »
    Blaas in the chocolate factory

thanks a million for that - not only does the cafe look great but i am intrigued by the chocolate factory - is it worth a visit in itself? like is it like an art gallery? can you look around at the work (assuming there is work on display)?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If you want something different try Foam, it is on the borthside but only a one minute walk from the Millenium Bridge. The upstairs section of it is like stepping into an Austin Powers movie. The two seats under the stairs are probably my favourite spot to sit though.
    http://foamcafe.ie/

• Advertisement

form looks lovely - next time.. only reading this now.. we went to accents.. i really made myself at home.. on one of the couches up the back... the staff were lovely - nice to see who i think was the owner there.. locally owned i assume - i think that too.. had nice enough coffee and a lovely date slice..

had a look down stairs - looked a bit like a student flat the morning after a party.. lots of student like folk slouched on sofas and bean bags with laptops in hand.. and looked like they were there for a while..

was happy on the ground floor though.. like home from home..

thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mish Mash at the top of Capel Street opposite Outhouse have lovely homemade cakes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The Lovinspoon, near the Rotunda its a hidden Gem IMO.

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/the-lovinspoon-dublin-2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Second mish mash, if you want somewhere quiet and can be undisturbed for a while. Accents is not a bad shout either. Place beside accents too that mostly does teas that's quiet.

Vice in twisted pepper/wigwam, Bald Barista, Coffee Angel (both various locations) Brother Hubbard on Capel Street, and the coffee shop on the Liffey street side of Arnotts all do a good coffee though depending on your tastes.

Also Sasha House Petite and Kaff on Drury Street are others too but pretty small.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Second mish mash, if you want somewhere quiet and can be undisturbed for a while. Accents is not a bad shout either. Place beside accents too that mostly does teas that's quiet.

Vice in twisted pepper/wigwam, Bald Barista, Coffee Angel (both various locations) Brother Hubbard on Capel Street, and the coffee shop on the Liffey street side of Arnotts all do a good coffee though depending on your tastes.

Also Sasha House Petite and Kaff on Drury Street are others too but pretty small.

hmm thanks for all that - i think i need a coffee weekend in Dublin.. love nice coffee shops.. surely there is a market now in ireland for cafe culture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

sporina wrote: »
    .. surely there is a market now in ireland for cafe culture?
    Many coffee shop owners in Dublin want attract the crowd more preferably. Crowds tend to be noisey.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Many coffee shop owners in Dublin want attract the crowd more preferably. Crowds tend to be noisey.

sorry i don't understand what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

sporina wrote: »
    sorry i don't understand what you mean?

right -

It occurs with increasing frequency in Dublin at any rate .... I am enjoying a nice peaceful cup of coffee at my table on my own.

........And then a bunch of individuals converge on the counter..... They get their coffee and cake and sit down nearby....talking out loud about inconsequential stuff.

..I drink up and leave.

Advertisement