Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei or Sony?

• 09-02-2016 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at the Huawei Ascend G7 or Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Most important thing for me is the memory and both have the same as far as I can see and the battery life is also important, not sure which is better?

They're both around the same price, anyone offer their opinion as to which one is better or is it much of a muchness?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Been looking at both myself of late as my iPhone 4 is getting shaky in its dotage. I'm pretty sure the G7 has 16gb memory as opposed to the M4's 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're quite similar. Sony have lovely build quality but issues with firmware bugs.

Check camera examples from both, that'd be the deciding factor for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

ED E wrote: »
    They're quite similar. Sony have lovely build quality but issues with firmware bugs.

Check camera examples from both, that'd be the deciding factor for me.

I agree the Sony build quality is great. Their firmware is a whole other story though , the last few Sony phones I had would have pretty bad bugs and glitches in the firmware this might have changed now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

I've had the m4 aqua the last 5 or 6 weeks and it's a fantastic phone. 6.0 update due in and around 7th of March which should solve some software issues - when I record videos the screen is blank but there's sound?

Also, won't connect to PC via USB! There no USB media transfer mode in the options with the latest software update, stupid I know! Apart from that it's a fantastic phone with excellent battery life. I got myself a 32gb card for photos etc, some apps can't be moved over but I still have aroubd 1gb free internally and all the apps I need it's great. I will wait for the update to see if it will sort the bugs out anyway to give it a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The 8GB and lack of Gorilla glass seem to be the main drawbacks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement