Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kitchen item(s) could you not be without?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'm going to add my white spatula. You know that flexible one for getting all the cake batter out of the bowl and into the tin? Is that a spatula or called something else? Whatever it is... Several room mates melted them on me over the years trying to use them for stirring stirfrys or other heat-related nonsense. I have called people some choice names for that particular offence.

Anyway, whoever invented it, hope they did well. That soothing feeling of getting it ALL out of the bowl. Ahhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

A proper digital scales. I splashed out on a good one and I haven't regretted it. I was never good at using the old school ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'll see your sweetcorn stripper and raise you a herb scissors. One careful lady owner.

I use my herb scissors almost daily! I love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    A proper digital scales. I splashed out on a good one and I haven't regretted it. I was never good at using the old school ones.
    I second that one, I wouldn't be without my digital scales. I have a scientific background so the inaccuracy of manual weighing scales make me twitchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SuperVegan

I second that one, I wouldn't be without my digital scales. I have a scientific background so the inaccuracy of manual weighing scales make me twitchy!

Agreed.
    A good scales is critical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

I had a fantastic vegetable peeler that was so easy to use. Had it for about 15 years. It broke yesterday 😢.

Will have to try the oxo goodgrips, if it's half as good as my old one I'll be happy!!
    dee_mc wrote: »
    I can't believe I forgot to mention my oxo goodgrips vegetable peelers - bought on recommendation from someone here and just the best peelers I've used. Robust and comfortable to use and very very sharp even after a few years daily use. Highly recommended :)

Advertisement