Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line not suitable

Options
  • 09-02-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I have an eircom phone line in my house but it won't support broadband I am being told

How do I go about getting a line put in to support broadband ? I tried to input my address on the map on the website but it won't work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

popsy09 wrote: »
    I have an eircom phone line in my house but it won't support broadband I am being told

How do I go about getting a line put in to support broadband ? I tried to input my address on the map on the website but it won't work
    Hi popsy09

I can look in to this further for you if you wish. Please PM me your land line number and I'll get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi popsy09

I can look in to this further for you if you wish. Please PM me your land line number and I'll get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

I don't have a phone I just have the line coming into the house

I'll pm you my address , the whole estate has same problem everyone has to get satellite broadband

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi popsy09

Thanks
    Al

I don't have a phone I just have the line coming into the house

I'll pm you my address , the whole estate has same problem everyone has to get satellite broadband
    Hi popsy09

Your estate is connected to an exchange which is not enables to supply broadband however there is plans to deploy a Fibre cabinet in your area within the next 12 months - the cabinet number is ASM1_E01 and it's to be located on the Boherboy road ( you can view it's location here: http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ )

At present we cannot offer you a more specific time-frame but we should have more news by the end of the summer

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Well at least there is something in the pipeline

Thanks for your help

Well at least there is something in the pipeline

Thanks for your help
    No problem popsy09

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Unknown1991

Any update on when broadband can be expected from this cabinet? I see on eir website it is due to go live on 10 August. How accurate is this info? i.e. when will broadband actually be connected to the area.

It's actually mind boggling to think that there is currently no broadband 5 km outside of Cork City... 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Any update on when broadband can be expected from this cabinet? I see on eir website it is due to go live on 10 August. How accurate is this info? i.e. when will broadband actually be connected to the area.

It's actually mind boggling to think that there is currently no broadband 5 km outside of Cork City... 
    Hi Unknown,

Thank you for getting in touch :)Unfortunately the dates we provide online are estimated. We cannot guarantee when the cabinet will go live due to the level of work that is required.

I am very sorry I cannot offer you some better news on this today.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement