Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload Speed Terrible & Massive Ping Spikes

Options
  • 09-02-2016 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, 

This isn't a new issue and has been around since the line was installed.

My upload speed never get's above 0.38 Mb/s even though my average download is 4-5Mb/s 

Also, I get very high ping spikes 300-400 in some cases, for a few seconds then it drops back to "normal" in relation to the server I'm connected to. I am the only heavy user in the house so that isn't the issue.

Could I get someone to possibly resolve these issues please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi, 

My upload speed never get's above 0.38 Mb/s even though my average download is 4-5Mb/s 

Also, I get very high ping spikes 300-400 in some cases, for a few seconds then it drops back to "normal" in relation to the server I'm connected to. I am the only heavy user in the house so that isn't the issue.

Hi TwistedPixel88

The upload speed is predetermined win accordance to the package you are subscribed to and 384Kpbs (0.38Mb) is normal for download speeds of 4 to 5MB. Please PM me your eir account number and I will confirm this.

Unfortunately eir cannot directly support Ping as it's beyond our control although I am more than happy to check for possible faults/issues once you PM me your information :)

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭TwistedPixel88

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi, 

Hi TwistedPixel88

The upload speed is predetermined win accordance to the package you are subscribed to and 384Kpbs (0.38Mb) is normal for download speeds of 4 to 5MB. Please PM me your eir account number and I will confirm this.

Unfortunately eir cannot directly support Ping as it's beyond our control although I am more than happy to check for possible faults/issues once you PM me your information :)

AL
    Hi Alan,

I sent you my details a few days ago, any update on this?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Apologies for the delays TwistedPixel88

I'll get back to you today

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Apologies for the delays TwistedPixel88

I'll get back to you today

Al
    Still haven't heard anything?

Hi Alan,

Any update?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Alan,

Any update?

Hi TwistedPixel88,

I'm afraid Al is no longer with us. Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement