Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good quality hoodies

• 09-02-2016 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

female here looking for good quality hoodies, ones from dunnes/pennys go bobbly after 2 or 3 washes, where can i buy hoodies that last?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I picked up a Roxy hoody a good few months back and it's still perfect after washing it twice a week since, but I don't tumble dry it. I never tumble dry hoodies as I end up with short, wide sleeves and body, which I hate! Love the quality of Roxy stuff, and it's well priced in TK Maxx. Also picked up a lovely Bench hoody which is also great quality and washes perfectly but is lighter weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

I don't wear hoodies beyond the front door but I have a few from Tesco/F&F that I wear around the house and they've held up well to repeated washings. Tesco don't deliver clothes to Ireland anymore but Parcel Motel will do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. I am male and have a couple of Superdry hoodies and find the quality excellent (better than anything else I have bought from the shop).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Second vote for Superdry. Really good quality and pretty colours/patterns.

Bought this one recently for £50 (dunno how much in Ireland)- http://www.superdry.com/womens/hoodies/details/54806/all-over-print-hoodie

Pricey enough, but honestly far better than having to buy 3-4 €15 hoodies in Penneys in a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I buy all my hoodies in the mens section of shops as I find the quality to be much better than the womens for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A few cheap mens hoodies here if your still looking:

https://spiritclothing.ie/

Just click on the sale section you can get some good hoodies for €10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A few cheap mens hoodies here if your still looking:

https://spiritclothing.ie/

Just click on the sale section you can get some good hoodies for €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Jack Wills or A&F do excellent quality albeit can be pricey. JW always have sales however and can get a hoodie cheap enough.

O'Neill's do excellent quality as well for a more reasonable price. If you aren't fussed on having the most "up to date" county merchandise, you can pick up a good quality hoodie for peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Shelga wrote: »
    Second vote for Superdry. Really good quality and pretty colours/patterns.

Bought this one recently for £50 (dunno how much in Ireland)- http://www.superdry.com/womens/hoodies/details/54806/all-over-print-hoodie

Pricey enough, but honestly far better than having to buy 3-4 €15 hoodies in Penneys in a year.
    yeah, superdry are very good, I buy from the Kildare Village. Aeropostale in Liffey Valley also good.
    I also love the quality of American Eagle, they ship from USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Adidas good quality and great fit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

solerina wrote: »
    yeah, superdry are very good, I buy from the Kildare Village. Aeropostale in Liffey Valley also good.
    I also love the quality of American Eagle, they ship from USA.

thanks for the reply :) what would be an american size S or M in UK sizes, im a size 10/12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

dorito92 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply :) what would be an american size S or M in UK sizes, im a size 10/12

I think Aero sizes are small enough. So maybe a M.
    American Eagle prob M or S.
    Both do XS. If you check their websites they normally give a conversion chart which includes Uk/ EUropean sizes !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Surf shops have the best hoodies.

Advertisement