Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone, Meteor, Three and UPC all in trouble for breaking consumer laws

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

slimjimmc wrote: »

Meteor still brazenly flaunting the law, to their hearts content here - http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057450815

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

typical,cant seem to find any of the guilty ones put up notice

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the upshot of this is: if you weren't advised that you had a cooling off period of 14 days where you can cancel without penalty, you then get a cooling off period of 12 months from the date the contract was made. ie you can cancel any time within the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mr. D

I am so relieved.

Virgin Media -- of whom I am a customer -- is not included in an article outing and shaming Ireland's main telecommunications companies for breaches of consumer protection law.

Virgin Media = paragons of ethical excellence.

And I feel safe. And loved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mr. D wrote: »
    I am so relieved.

Virgin Media -- of whom I am a customer -- is not included in an article outing and shaming Ireland's main telecommunications companies for breaches of consumer protection law.

Virgin Media = paragons of ethical excellence.

And I feel safe. And loved.
    Not surprising considering the re-brand of UPC to Virgin Media didn't occur until after the revelations were published (possibly so as to avoid tarnishing the VM name).

Advertisement