Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Backup Solution

Options
  • 09-02-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a good comparison / recommendation of online backup software.

Basically I need to backup one or two servers offsite, but if there is an option to backup locally and offsite at the same time, that would be a plus. The ability to backup shares would be great.

Some of the names I've seen thrown around are:
    Backblaze - Carbonite - MozyPro - Crashplan - iDrive

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Personally have 960GB with Crashplan for $6/mo. Its not the fastest but good overall and TNO (You can keep the encryption key).

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Is that just for one machine - know if you can backup anything that is on a share?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Use crash plan also on several macs. Excellent service. It's possible to backup to an external or network drive free of charge using the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, you can only ever have unlimited space OR unlimited machines, both and you end up like microsoft rescinding the offer.

It runs on my home server which everything else backs up to, so I have 2 onsite and 1 offsite copy of everything. They have an irish datacenter too btw so all your money doesn't leave the economy either if that's something you consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement