Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 49DV Fault

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

Just to update on this, I did find the end of loop resistor on the other shock sensor I had forgotten about. I tried measuring the resistance at that junction box but wasn't really getting anything and left it on the long finger.

I got back to it today. I removed the end of line resistor on the shock. I then removed the wires on the panel and connected them to the multimetre. Thinking about it now, I may not have removed the resistor probably as there are three connection points on the shocl sensor. One wire went into the first, the second was attached to a resistor going into the second and the third had the other end of the resistor going in. I just detached the resistor end attached to the wire and connected the wire directly in.

Anyway, the multimeter was giving me a reading of 1503 when closed. I had it set at 2000Ω as I was getting a reading at that. This would jump up by 2 or 3 but roughly stay around that. When open it went to 1842, again moving up by 2 or 3 Ω. I tried it a few times and the readings always stayed the same.

I have been disabling the contact sensor for the past few weeks and haven't had any issues.

Does this rule out the sensor itself as being the problem?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Possibly.
    When you meter the zone out without the end of line resistor the meter should be set to 200 ohms. If at that stage something sticks up by a few ohms or more I would be replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

Sorry lads, I never came back to update this post. And now I have another question, I should really update this. As I know myself, these threads are invaluable so it's always good to have a conclusion on them. It was my lack of knowledge that lead me down the wrong tracks here but what you were both saying was right, it was a faulty sensor and I was able to track it down and replace it. It's been 12 months now and have had no further problems with that particular issue. Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for the update. Was happy to help.

Advertisement