Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand blender issue Argos

Options
  • 09-02-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

So i bought a hand blender from the Argos store in Tallaght yesterday. It happened to be the last one in stock but it suited what i needed so it was fine. Heres a link to the model itself
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3193718/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen+and+laundry|14418476/c_2/3|19780844|Food+preparation|29619252/c_3/4|cat_29619252|Hand+blenders|29619278.htm

Anyway i got home opened up the packaging and went to test it out to make sure everything was working. First thing i noticed was the plug itself on the unit was cheap looking with a sticker on it which looked odd compared to the rest of the bender. Also the material around the top where the speed dial is was slightly bruised and marked. Plugged it in nothing totally dead no matter which socket i used or buttons i pressed.

So i returned it today explaining power to the unit seemed to be dead the girl behind the counter plugged it in tested it and had the same issue.
    At first she wasn't even going to refund me and offered store credit because i used a voucher which i wasn't happy about!.

So i got the refund in the end because ''It was broke'' and i went and bought the very same blender in another store in the shopping center.

I got home opened the box the very same as last time and i notice right away the plug is totally different!?
    Its the very same color and material as the cord and seems to be better quality. Also even stranger is the top of the blender has no dial with numbers like the original one i bought had ?
    There the very same blender but for some reason Argos sold me one which had a different plug and some sort of different detail on the blender which wasn't even meant to be on the model!!

Any ideas what could of happened here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,035 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 'manufacturer' could very easily have multiple factories in different parts of the far east churning out their products with minor differences - Kenwood don't exist as an independent company anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

L1011 wrote: »
    The 'manufacturer' could very easily have multiple factories in different parts of the far east churning out their products with minor differences - Kenwood don't exist as an independent company anymore.

The second one i bought that actually works seems much better quality and more like the actual product. I don't know what the first one was meant to be kinda raging didn't take a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I'm not sure about the item buy when you pay by voucher you should be refunded with store credit. A refund should be in the same format as how you paid.

I'm not sure about the item buy when you pay by voucher you should be refunded with store credit. A refund should be in the same format as how you paid.

It was a voucher for the square so i assume Argos couldn't of gave me back one of those ? The voucher had 40 euro on it and i payed the extra tenner in cash would they of gave me normally just ten back and the rest in voucher?

It was a voucher for the square so i assume Argos couldn't of gave me back one of those ? The voucher had 40 euro on it and i payed the extra tenner in cash would they of gave me normally just ten back and the rest in voucher?

Oh like a one for all type thing? Sorry I thought it was an Argos voucher. No it has to be the same or cash so you were right to ask for cash. Probably why the person was confused.
    If it was an Argos voucher they would have to give you the €40 voucher plus €10 cash.

• Advertisement

Oh like a one for all type thing? Sorry I thought it was an Argos voucher. No it has to be the same or cash so you were right to ask for cash. Probably why the person was confused.
    If it was an Argos voucher they would have to give you the €40 voucher plus €10 cash.

Getting the refund seemed to be straight forward enough in the end i don't think most places would of complained seeing as i bought it day before and it clearly wasn't my fault it wasn't working.

Its the two different items in two different stores that im wondering about as ive never seen this happen before when both items where sold as the same model and not a cheap knock off.

Yeah it's weird alright. Maybe the first was an old version that had been out the back for ages! Though if it didn't match the picture it wouldn't make sense. Some kind of mistake in the factory I'd presume.

Yeah it's weird alright. Maybe the first was an old version that had been out the back for ages! Though if it didn't match the picture it wouldn't make sense. Some kind of mistake in the factory I'd presume.

It was sealed and the packaging inside was sealed so its weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It was sealed and the packaging inside was sealed so its weird!

Not really L1011 kinda told you why in the very first reply to your OP.

Itst not unusual for different batches to be slightly different.

Advertisement