Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Wrestlers Impressions / Promos

Options
  • 09-02-2016 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

Omackeral's impressively awesome impression of the Macho Man over on his PW Spotlight thread got me thinking - it's be some craic to have a thread, where we can post videos of ourselves doing impressions of our favourite wrestlers. Or cutting promos.

Below is Omackeral's vid, which rivals Jay Lethal for Machismo imo.

So, have any of you got some videos out there in the wild you'd like to share? I hope to have my own up tomorrow at some stage, if i can figure out my new camera!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I hope to see someone do Road Warrior Hawk.

"WEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL....."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Guys, i've an idea for this, and you'll either love it or hate it.

We've had the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. How about we have the Bret Hart Cut a Promo Challenge for Prostate Cancer?

It'd work in the same way as ALS, cut a promo, do an impression of your favourite wrestler, and nominate others via Social Media (Boardsies can post theirs in here too).

I think it'd be great craic, for a great cause. It'd help raise awareness of the issue, and hopefully raise some funds too.

Any thoughts? Is it a bad idea? Or an idea that's been overdone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Guys, i've an idea for this, and you'll either love it or hate it.

We've had the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. How about we have the Bret Hart Cut a Promo Challenge for Prostate Cancer?

It'd work in the same way as ALS, cut a promo, do an impression of your favourite wrestler, and nominate others via Social Media (Boardsies can post theirs in here too).

I think it'd be great craic, for a great cause. It'd help raise awareness of the issue, and hopefully raise some funds too.

Any thoughts? Is it a bad idea? Or an idea that's been overdone?

I actually think that's a great idea, a harmless and fun challenge, however would it get the same appeal as it's about wrestling? I wouldn't imagine so. But for a niche thing it'd be cool.

Loughc wrote: »
    I actually think that's a great idea, a harmless and fun challenge, however would it get the same appeal as it's about wrestling? I wouldn't imagine so. But for a niche thing it'd be cool.

Thats my fear, it's be a small thing. But, there's a lot of wrestling fans out there all the same!

I'll personally donate 5euro for every video that goes up on this thread.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'll personally donate 5euro for every video that goes up on this thread.

WOW. That's some gesture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Did this awhile ago when I was making youtube videos,now I just do silly facebook ones, but it seems an appropiate thread to throw it up in

C*nt Hogan going over as usual! That's 5 Euro in the bank anyway from me :) I'll donate it and whack up a screen shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What are you donating the money to, getting Hulk Hogan back into the WWE before WrestleMania? :)

What are you donating the money to, getting Hulk Hogan back into the WWE before WrestleMania? :)

Gerry suggested donating to Prostate Cancer in solidarity with Bret so that's who I'm gonna donate to. Cancer is a jobber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Oh yeah sorry. The great big elephant in the room. I wonder how Bret is doing after his surgery.

Advertisement