Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get customer feedback?

Options
  • 09-02-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of moving to home broadband, TV and mobile for my wife and I. I'm in Dublin, but would appreciate a one line review from everyone on the positives and negatives of the products.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Anyone??

Customer service is worst I have ever come across.

Its obsolete as they seem to be more interested in getting your payment after that they are more then useless.

I would advise to look at other options.

Virgin, Vodafone, sky.

I have dealt with all and eir... Which obviously was eircon is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Eir representatives lied to me about my broadband package, made me upgrade to a business package that they swore would meet my needs (it didn't), made me lose a job offer that was contingent on my broadband speeds, then pretended they had made no promises and refused to switch me back. I lost a lot of money in the process (especially considering I wasn't working and wasn't even drawing benefits). I must have been on the phone with them for twenty hours in the space of one week, and I swear I'm not exaggerating.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Run away from this lot as fast as you can, terrible terrible customer service 
    The left hand don't know what the right is doing!
    Every person you speak to in this company will tell you something different, therefore they are either telling you lies or they are a shower of incompetent idiots.
    And btw I'm being generous with my description!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I've always had great service from eircom. Got a great deal last month for phone bundle. Sky are ridiculously expensive and sneakily put up the price 

• Advertisement

CaraMay wrote: »
    I've always had great service from eircom. Got a great deal last month for phone bundle. Sky are ridiculously expensive and sneakily put up the price 

Eircon have done same and worse.

They have the worst customer service. Actually no customer service whatsoever.

Read up on all the times they have breached their terms and comregs.

They stole money off my card when we agreed on a certain amount to be taken they then helped themselves a 2nd time.

I fought with them and because there procedures took so long to get nowhere it fell outside the time the bank can get the money returned onto card.

Reps on here ignored and would look to be great posting oh we will fix or give pm etc.....

Everytime I rang they had no recollection or file on anything that happened.

More then useless.

Why had you to agree a certain amount of money with them? 

Why had you to agree a certain amount of money with them? 

Because they had a fault on their side which stopped dd and then tried well sorry did charge my card nearly €700.
    1st amount we agreed then the rest.

That in my eyes is theft as if I went up to you and you said sure I'll give you 200 & then I dip the hand and take the rest....

Did you not notice you weren't paying them? Seems like both sides are at fault IMHO 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

I have efibre, home phone and eirmobile.

I have absolutely no complaints in terms of the quality of any of the 3 services.

My experience of customer service however has been mixed.
    • I had an issue with a charge relating to an eirmobile roaming bundle. I raised it here, the rep gave me a number to call, I got through quickly and the agent I dealt with couldn't have been more helpful. The charge was refunded immediately so no complaints.
    • I had a minor issue with my myeir account (couldn't send webtexts). Again I raised it here, this time over 4 months with no success. I escalated it to customer care, the issue was sorted in 24 hours and a goodwill credit applied to my account.
    • Last week I received the price increase email and rang the number provided to see if I could get a better deal. I spoke with 2 agents who were less than helpful and who both offered me more expensive bundles. I chanced ringing again on Saturday and the agent I spoke with was excellent and we worked out a deal that suited me fine.

So I suppose, I would say that if you're happy with the quality of the services and nothing goes wrong you'll have no problems but customer service has, in my experience, been hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

the phone and broadband is fine, I cant really complain about the service in that regard.

The TV is shocking, never worked, constant failed or chopped recordings, constnalty having to reset the box and the USB slot does nothing which is just annoying. Theres also a really annoying feature of their guide, the way its setup it takes ages to scroll through the channels and everytime you reset the box it defaults back to showing EVERY channel again including the ones you dont have. You then delete those channels and a week later, bingo and you have to reset because accoridng to the box "theres no signal" again!

Now the actual bad part, they are absolutely useless when it comes to cancelling, changing or querying anything. If they billed you wrong it was take months if not years to get it resolved. Each rep will tell you something different and chop and change the information. 

Check out my thread, I am STILL as of today trying to close my Eir account despite paying them off, clearing a debt collector and emailing, writing, phoning and posting here over the last year that I want out of their service. Only this morning I got an email saying I had to pay the outstanding bill as its an early release charge. Its dated February 2016, my contract expired in June 2015!

Did you not notice you weren't paying them? Seems like both sides are at fault IMHO 

We actually had made contact with them a number of times. But sure you said it so must be TRUE.
    Do you work there?

I have given my side and it is 100% not made up

No I don't 

Advertisement