Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seat wave

Options
  • 10-02-2016 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭

Just got a mail from ticketmast seat wave about a gig i was interested in - tickets are €20 more that what the face value is - but whats this seat wave about? never heard of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's ticketbastards secondary market, allows you to sell on your seat ticket to some one else at a vastly inflated price and allows them a second bite at the cherry (they get to sell the same ticket twice!).

There's a vague advantage to it in that it could cut down on the risk of fraud but f***'em, it's not like they don't get enough on fees first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seller and buyer both pay a fee even though Ticketmaster have already got a service charge for selling the ticket in the 1st place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

thats the way of the world i guess.. those who make the effort to get tickets early - get em.. those who don't.. either have to look hard to find some and or pay more..
    but thanks - didn't know i had signed up to it.. handy i guess if i was stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Seller and buyer both pay a fee even though Ticketmaster have already got a service charge for selling the ticket in the 1st place!

Seller fee is ~12% and buyer fee is ~17% of the value sold for.
    So Seatwave effectively get 30% for just listing the ticket ,its extortion to be honest.

Viagogo and Getmein (also owned by Ticketmaster) also have similar fees.

Any of the above 3 and Stubhub UK dont pay the seller until after the event ,which is not really on either as they could be sitting on your money for months.
    Stubhub in the US pay the seller when they ship the tickets which is much better.

Advertisement