Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock corrections

Options
  • 10-02-2016 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, first time mock corrector, HL LC English, just wondering if someone can advise how long on average it takes to correct these scripts? Average for paper 1 and an average for paper 2? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hermia

cmegzc wrote:
    Hi, first time mock corrector, HL LC English, just wondering if someone can advise how long on average it takes to correct these scripts? Average for paper 1 and an average for paper 2? Thanks in advance!

We split the papers up so have only one section to correct but have the whole year. It all depends on how much detail you go into with comments I suppose.
    For paper 1, sort out the question As and start with them. You'll get into a good flow. Do the same with the Bs and compositions - all the short stories together, speeches etc. It would probably take me about 7 minutes per A question if you're jotting comments. Compositions could take up to 15 an essay.
    Paper 2, do the same, split them up into questions, poets etc. I'm doing poetry and did all of the unseen first, about 5 minutes a paper. Essays are taking me about 10-15 minutes each. Hope that helps. We've a long way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Hermia wrote: »
    We split the papers up so have only one section to correct but have the whole year. It all depends on how much detail you go into with comments I suppose.
    For paper 1, sort out the question As and start with them. You'll get into a good flow. Do the same with the Bs and compositions - all the short stories together, speeches etc. It would probably take me about 7 minutes per A question if you're jotting comments. Compositions could take up to 15 an essay.
    Paper 2, do the same, split them up into questions, poets etc. I'm doing poetry and did all of the unseen first, about 5 minutes a paper. Essays are taking me about 10-15 minutes each. Hope that helps. We've a long way to go!

Careful of making comments on students papers. Mock companies want you only to put down marks. Comments to be on the class as a whole in the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Careful of making comments on students papers. Mock companies want you only to put down marks. Comments to be on the class as a whole in the report.

It sounds like they are correcting them in house. No way would a mock company have different correctors for different sections.

If corrected properly it takes half an hour in total

Advertisement