Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, please! Gig Tomorrow at the Academy - No ID, would they accept birth cert?

Options
  • 10-02-2016 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I have a gig I'm attending tomorrow at The Academy and only have I been informed it's over 18's and apparently they're deadly strict when it comes to ID. Rang management and she said they're strict even on photo ID. What are the odds I could get in with a birth certificate? Lost my passport and lack and form of photo ID. I really am in desperate need of help at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I'm 99.99% certain that a birth cert would be laughed at and absolutely not accepted.

However, from experience, I'm also 99.99% certain that they won't ask you for ID, in spite of what that management lady said on the phone, in an official capacity.

In practice, all you can do is go and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, you have to go home, you miss the gig and you're down the price of the ticket. And when you get home apply for a Garda ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mar Mar Marmalade

I've heard plenty of times that waiting in line early a lot of the times means you got won't be getting asked as the doors might open before security. Now I'm not sure if it's like this in The Academy but is it worth a gander going up early?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

DareGod wrote: »
    I'm 99.99% certain that a birth cert would be laughed at and absolutely not accepted.

Listen to this guy, don't bring your birth cert. It's about as useful as an xtravision card.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Never been asked or even seen people be asked for ID at the academy. you're probably grand getting in with just the ticket. Maybe if you look really young, they might, but you'll probably be grand. Assume this is the Sum 41 gig, don't think they have a young following anyway so security will hardly be on the look out after seeing the general crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

A birth cert isn't photo id.

You may just chance your arm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

So what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mar Mar Marmalade

Got in. They were asking for ID for everyone trying to enter, I explained my situation when I got asked and I got put into another line with a load of others in my situation. Security just went through us all requesting evidence so I gave the birth and he asked for my phone like he did for others and checked to see if the name was authentic.

Really wasn't that strict, very lenient and cheerful but maybe they weren't strict for that particular gig, I could easily see why they'd ease up. Great gig regardless, cheers for help people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement