Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Fine

Options
  • 10-02-2016 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me if you have been in a similar situation.

My other half was driving to work this morning on the Freeway.

He was driving along and a cop car came off the slip and was driving in front of him, he was below the speed limit and stayed behind the cop car. He noticed the cops in front were acting strange, like the one in the passenger seat kept looking back at him. They eventually pulled him over and did him for not having a seat belt on!!!!!

He did have his seatbelt on since he left the house this morning!!!!

They gave him 4 penalty points and a $550 fine.

Where is the justice in that, pulling people over and then fining them for something that they have not done.

Can anyone shed light?

At the end of the day its two cops against one person, so strange, im raging just thinking about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

In which state did the offence occur?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Not to sound cynical but there must be more to this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

How did they pull him over if they were in front of him? Something suspicious about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

niva*sis wrote: »
    He noticed the cops in front were acting strange, like the one in the passenger seat kept looking back at him.

An Interesting comment.

I would say a cop looking for lawbreakers is hardly strange, is that not their job?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MandiT

I agree it sounds odd. A cop in a car going along a freeway would need pretty good eyesight to make out that a driver of a car, one that would be a wee way behind them, as it was a high-speed road, allowing safe following distance and all, wasn't wearing a seat belt.

I don't know what state you're in, but if it's NSW, you could have a read of this Community Legal Centre page, re making a formal compliant, if you feel the police are in the wrong:
    http://www.clcnsw.org.au/cb_pages/making_a_police_complaint_-_useful_information.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

What state was this? All I can see are fines are on average around $300 and 3 demerit points.

Advertisement