Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S camera lag on startup

Options
  • 10-02-2016 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Recently upgraded from 6 to 6S. noticed that when the camera app is activated (which normally is very quick) I have noticed that periodically there is an annoying lag of several seconds during which time the screen will display the last snapped pic. I've just updated to 9.2.1 so we will see. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea I get that meant to call apple about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Yea I get that meant to call apple about it.
    You on the latest SW (9.2.1) ?

Bumping this. It's a real pain in the arse. Only way that I can see it working is closing the app in the background. Opening then is immediate. Otherwise, theres a lag; sometimes for several seconds. Never seen this on the IP6. Anyone else ?

I've still the problem, did you get onto Apple, yea I'm on the latest software, mines a 6s 64gb

I've still the problem, did you get onto Apple, yea I'm on the latest software, mines a 6s 64gb
    They advised a restore. Did that. No difference. Do us a favour DM, double tap the home button and kill the Camera app. Restart and let me know if you see any lag. Try this over a period and let us know. Unfortunately, its a PITA having to kill an app every time after use, as opposed to just leaving it in the background. You would think if anything, the behaviour should be the opposite. I would have thought that quicker response would be from the camera running in BG as opposed to a fresh startup, but I find it's not the case.

• Advertisement

It seems fine there now after trying it about 10 times but I remember cussing at it over the weekend as missed a picture I wanted as it was so slow to start.

Updated to 9.3 on Friday. No issues thus far. Here's hoping!

Mines still at it randomly after the update..

sorry to hear that DM. If it happens again, it'll be going back for sure. It's a ridiculous flaw on a flagship handset.

I spoke too soon :o

Sugar.

• Advertisement

nothing much you can do as its seemingly software related https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7260874?start=90&tstart=0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

In earlier versions of iOS having a very large camera roll could cause this.

I haven't experienced it with my 6S, though, and if I did I'd probably treat it as a potential hardware problem and contact Apple.

I'm still having this problem, anyone manage to it sorted?

I'm still having this problem, anyone manage to it sorted?

No. Still happens to me. Definitely software related as any third party camera apps seem work fine. I tested this one and it shows zero lag. The only way to avoid the issue with the stock camera app is to close it every time after use (double tap home button and slide the camera app up). That way it will start without lag, every time. Strange really as I would have thought that if anything, it should reactivate quicker if it was open in the background. I've restored and problem persists. I had the same problem on my 6, 6S and now on my 6S plus. It's a real pain in the hole.

Advertisement