Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete this survey and post your number 1 on the poll.

Options
  • 10-02-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Before you complete the poll go to www.smartvote.ie and answer the questions. It will give you the politicians who answered the most questions the same as you.

Vote your top candidate you got in the poll and then post your 1 to 5 candidates as a post here and we see what turns up.

Which candidatte did you agree with most? 35 votes

Ann Walsh
    0% 0 votes
    Aoife Byrne
    2% 1 vote
    Brendan Howlin
    5% 2 votes
    Caroline Foxe
    20% 7 votes
    David Lloyd
    2% 1 vote
    Deirdre Wadding
    0% 0 votes
    Emmet Moloney
    0% 0 votes
    Ger Carthy
    2% 1 vote
    James Browne
    2% 1 vote
    Johnny Mythen
    0% 0 votes
    Leonard Kelly
    2% 1 vote
    Malcolm Byrne
    2% 1 vote
    Michael D’Arcy
    2% 1 vote
    Mick Wallace
    2% 1 vote
    Paul Kehoe
    51% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

My top 5 were:

Leonard Kelly
    Malcolm Byrne
    James Browne
    Aoife Byrne
    Emmet Moloney

Leonard Kelly got 20. I presume I got all three Fianna Fail was they have a party line. I did also have no opinion on a lot of the questions.

Brendan Howlin scored the lowest only having 8 questions in common with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Corvo

Top was Mick Wallace and Leonard Kelly.

Bottom was Howlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

3 or my top 4 were Fianna Fail. How have I just found out that I'm a complete and utter turd sucking bollicks????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Hardly scientific, these people will say what they think you want to hear. For instance think back to 2011 and the stance taken on certain issues.
    FG; We will not give another red cent to the banks; actuality 80,000,000,000 red cents given to the banks.
    FG; we will burn the bondholders; Actuality, see above answer. This was hardly a runner when several cabinet members, including the Minister for Finance, are bondholders.
    FG; We will end the scourge of patients on hospital trollies; Actuality, more people on trollies than ever before.
    FG; We are the party of law and order; Actuality, crime is at an all time high, Garda numbers are down by up to 6,000 with recruitment not keeping pace with retirement, Garda stations are closed all over the country and the patrolling Garda is a thing of the past.
    FG; We will scrap prescription charges for the less well off; Actuality; Prescription charges increased by 400%.
    FG; We will bring honesty and transparency to Government. Actuality; Moriarity Report, Callinan, Irish Water, Siteserv, NAMA, IBRC
    Lab; We will not increase student registration fees; Actuality, registration fees increased to €3000.
    Lab; We will not join in coalition with FG if water charges are on the table. Actuality; Self explanatory, with the Leader and deputy leader being to the forefront in the forced imposition of Irish Water.
    These are just a few off the top off my head and there are many more I could recite but the object was to show that if you had posed a question to any of the candidates for the government parties in 2011, the answer you got would not have been the policy in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Well you can only go by what they say. If they choose not to deliver on promises made well that's their prerogative.

How else would you suggest voting for someone other than what they stand for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

TheChevron wrote: »
    Well you can only go by what they say. If they choose not to deliver on promises made well that's their prerogative.

How else would you suggest voting for someone other than what they stand for?

I would suggest the "Visit the sins of the fathers" approach, if their party has a history of u-turns then don't vote for them and if the candidate calls to your door, tell them the reason and stick to it. Eventually the message will strike home.
    We give our politicians too easy a ride, take the likes of Lowry, a proven crook, who is consistently reelected in his constituency, Ahern a Taoiseach and Minister Finance who can't explain where his wealth came from, Noonan, a Minister for Finance who seemed to think his being a bondholder didn't represent a conflict of interest, Kenny, the longest serving TD in Dáil Eireann who has had absolutely nothing to contribute in his time. Presumably all of these have been elected on what they said and never held to account for failing to deliver. For this reason I believe that no member of the current administration has a moral right to reelection but unfortunately, that won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Couldn't get the survey to work - perhaps it's an omen and I shouldn't bother voting?

Happy days - my youngest lad showed me how to use the survey and Mick Wallace is the way to go - despite me disagreeing with a great deal of his beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mick Wallace number one,FG/Labour finished bottom of my survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Somewhat surprised!
    1. Moloney
    2. Wallace
    3. Brown
    FG bottom of the pile!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mine were

1) Wallace
    2) Walsh
    3) Kelly
    4) Wadding
    5) M Byrne

Brendan Howlin at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

1. Wallace
    2. Wadding
    3- 5 Tied for all FF's

Howlin bottom, with FG's just above him.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

my top 5 were

Mick Wallace
    Deidre Wadding
    Ann Walsh
    Johnny Mythen
    Leonard Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

my top 5 were

Mick Wallace
    Deirdre Wadding
    Ann Walsh
    Johnny Mythen
    Leonard Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Wallace, Walsh, Wadding, Kelly, Mythen.

No intention of voting SF and would never previously have considered PBP. It does come back to the question of whether we're electing individuals or a govt - we're savage short on alternative government options.

Advertisement