Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE 2016 Pro choice

Options
  • 10-02-2016 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me which candidates running in the area are pro choice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

So your website is pro choice???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pegmatite wrote: »
    So your website is pro choice???

What???

Did you look?

If gives the opinions from candidates on many topics. Was abortion not one of them?

If you actually tried it gives you the information you requested and much more. Its not my website ... oh and you are welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

It depends on how you define "pro-choice".

Some might support abortion in the case of fatal foetal abnormalities but not support abortion on demand.

• Advertisement

Some might support abortion in the case of fatal foetal abnormalities but not support abortion on demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Interesting site, but I think the candidate score matching is misleading.
    For each of the 30 questions you agree, disagree or are neutral.

But the top scoring candidate in my test gave 9 neutral responses.
    2nd highest gave 8 neutral responses.

I think I only gave 1 neutral answer.
    So I think the neutral cop-out answer probably helped their score.

Pro choice is abortion on demand.

and there ends the conversation.

and there ends the conversation.

Or start a new one?

I don't like labels like "pro choice" as it infers that the only consideration is the choice of the woman carrying the baby.

Most countries who allow abortion place limits on what a pregnant woman can choose to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Pro Baby Killers....Stay Classy

Pro Baby Killers....Stay Classy

Sure we can't be letting women have control of their own bodies can we.
    Just organic incubators.

Just organic incubators.

That's the type of extreme argument that does your case no good at all.

Just organic incubators.

That is a good argument in favour of abortion. I get the concept, fertility equality... reproductive rights etc. It all sounds so responsible when spoken in soundbites.

It's only when one considers that the inevitable consequence is the death of another unique and separate life that the true complexities of the issue become apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

As I said before Baby Killers, there has been more children put to death since 1950 that all the wars of the 20th Century...

Genocide on a PC level...But sure its okay as the Pro Choice brigade could'nt care less....

As I said before Baby Killers, there has been more children put to death since 1950 that all the wars of the 20th Century...

Genocide on a PC level...But sure its okay as the Pro Choice brigade could'nt care less....

You are not going to convince too many people by using language like that.

My issue with the pro choice argument is that is in overly simplistic. Countering it with something equally simplistic is not the answer.

Just organic incubators.

Neither of you have a hope of either convincing anybody else, nor having any decent discussion on this, with extreme outbursts like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I dont think any of the parties admit to being pro-choice, they're afraid to lose votes. Labour are your best bet I reckon. I also think FG and SF want the 8th amendment removed but they're avoiding talking about it coming up to election.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/labour-backs-complete-removal-of-eighth-amendment-burton-1.2487504

Advertisement