Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Stag DIY - looking for recommendations

Options
  • 10-02-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to have my Stag in Cork and I want to get it booked DIY as such that I am not going through any of the stag websites or companies where you've no idea what you're going to get. So I was hoping the good people of the city who frequent Boards can help out.

What I'm looking for is as follows:

2 nights accommodation (Fri & Sat)
    Steak Dinner one night
    A beer tasting/brewery/whisky tasting type activity
    Decent pubs to visit
    Stag friendly night club

So basically if you know of anywhere that's cheap but nice accommodation, hostels are fine but have to be somewhat decent.

Somewhere where we could get a decent steak dinner again at not much expense, I love a steak dinner so want to go for one but don't want to increase the expense on those attending too much. A decent restaurant or even Gastro pub that could offer us a deal might be what we're looking for?

For the activity I would love to include something to do with craft beers as I love my craft beers but anything along the lines of a brewery tour, whiskey tasting type activity would be good if any can be recommended in Cork?

As I said we will mostly be in our 30's so recommendations on decent pubs where we can get good beer and have the craic without having to use megaphones to hear each other would be great, craft beers a bonus!

I'm not really into my nightclubs but one that is not rough and yet still Stag friendly would be nice to know about if we end up wanting to to go. Be great if it was somewhere we could book and reserve admission to and possibly a table in.

A lot to ask for so any help/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

If you're staying in Cork City, you could hop on the train to Midleton (20 min, no hassle) and visit the Jameson Distillery. Have a pint in Midleton before heading back to Cork for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

If you like your craft beer you could visit these places.

http://www.franciscanwellbrewery.com/

http://www.risingsonsbrewery.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have to say Weatherspoons do a loverly steak but the only problem is booking I don't think they take bookings but you could see for a stag they may allow ye..

Soho may be worth a try also, they do a loverly steak or did and you could book and area so ye can all chillax. They offer bbq menu's and that.

Whiskey If ye are keeping to Cork the Cornstore is supposed to do a nice whiskey tasting thingy..
    Please do not eat there are it is crap, and go in either early or later in the evening as tis too loud you will need megaphones to hear yerselfs.
    Unless again they would let you book a table for the tasting for the stag ask for an upstairs table if this is the case.

Don't even dream of the nightclub next door full of muppets..

Franciscan well as mentioned is the main craft beer place, there is another not far from it so ye could do a pub crawl http://thebierhauscork.com/

Thinking that now the N Square fish and Steak place is along that route too....

Rising Sons is ok but a bit trying to hard and they take ages to serve and they have TV's in every corner...

Accommodation - Could chance Air BnB see if there is anything city centre to rent for all of ye.
    Theres a bnb above a pub Creedons.
    Isssacs do rooms but ye have to treck up the hill after beers it might not end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

http://elbowlane.ie/ - not been but gets great reviews for Steak !

Old Style pubs with no loud music !!
    Long Valley
    The Castle ( Defo try and hit this spot for a few pre session drinks !)
    The Welcome Inn
    Dennehys
    Tom Barrys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Avoid The Cornstore like the plague.

Market Lane is probably a good bet for steak and not too expensive I'd imagine. Soho good too but more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Depending on your dates/sport of choice have a look and check if Cork GAA teams, Munster Rugby or Cork City FC are playing that weekend. Give you appetite for your steaks!

Advertisement