Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adam Johnson pleads GUILTY

• 10-02-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

He's admitting the charge of grooming an underage girl - he surely is finished in the game.

Absolutely disgusting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He's admitting the charge of grooming an underage girl - he surely is finished in the game.

Absolutely disgusting.

No way back for him. Admitting grooming as well though. Sex with an underage girl could potentially have been an honest mistake in a club etc, ala Graham Rix. The club must have known what he was thinking of doing. Assume his contract will be cancelled as well and kicked out with no way back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Expect a sacking from Sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the dirty bollox

Missus standing by him I see......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

scumbag boll^%x and will deserve everything coming.

• Advertisement

how the hell have Sunderland being allowing him to play?

Can only think that he told them he was pleading not guilty all along. No other way surely!

that'll come out in the wash I imagine, but if it turns out he was pleading guilty all along then Sunderland will and should be in the do-do too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭CSF

that'll come out in the wash I imagine, but if it turns out he was pleading guilty all along then Sunderland will and should be in the do-do too

That will never come out. What a dirty horrible man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Bohemians transfer rumour mill will go into overdrive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

glued wrote: »

he's admitted guilt!

Anyway, the details are a bit more sordid in my opinion.

He's admitted kissing the girl (and grooming her), but still has to stand trial on two other counts, which I assume will be more overtly sexual acts.

glued wrote: »

He has said he did it, having already said he didn't previously. If he had admitted to these charges at his first hearing he would already punished (and likely jailed) awaiting trial on the second two charges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,796 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

How can the girlfriend be standing by him. I mean, he cheated on her (if they were going out at the time), as mentioned above he didn't just get a bit drunk in a niteclub and head off with a 15 year old thinking she was 19 or whatever, he actually groomed her.

What sort of person stands by someone who does that?

Have a bit of respect for yourself. One can only summise that 50k a week pays for a lot of loyalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Leroy42 wrote: »
    How can the girlfriend be standing by him. I mean, he cheated on her (if they were going out at the time), as mentioned above he didn't just get a bit drunk in a niteclub and head off with a 15 year old thinking she was 19 or whatever, he actually groomed her.

Have a bit of respect for yourself. One can only summise that 50k a week pays for a lot of loyalty

I think when the first allegations came about she had just given birth to their first child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,796 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think when the first allegations came about she had just given birth to their first child.

She was with him at the court today. No problem with her standing behind him when he is contesting the charge, innocent until guilty, I would hope that most would do that.

But he has now admitted it so in effect he has done the deed, and on top of that been lying to her all this time.

Again, bit of respect for yourself lady.

Link
    Johnson, 28, has admitted to knowing that the girl was under 16.

yeah.

What a dirty cúnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

The same gold digging tramp most WAG's are. Lets face it they're with multi millionaire 20 somethings with women crawling over them.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

She was with him at the court today. No problem with her standing behind him when he is contesting the charge, innocent until guilty, I would hope that most would do that.

But he has now admitted it so in effect he has done the deed, and on top of that been lying to her all this time.

Again, bit of respect for yourself lady.

I can see why is staying with him, after all, theres countless affairs happen everyday with regular Joe soaps all around the planet.

However, this is much, much worse, IMO. If your partner was grooming an underage girl while you were at home pregnant, it takes a lot of forgiving and forgetting to put that to the back of your mind and thats before you get into the down right horrible nature of willingly grooming an underage girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭SteM

he's admitted guilt!

He's admitted guilt now. We don't know what he's been telling the higher-ups at Sunderland and that's the point that glued was making. They couldn't just sack him if he was protesting his innocence behind the scenes all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The more I think about it, I doubt from a legal standpoint that Sunderland could take much action until he actually pleaded guilty.

'He was going to plead guilty' probably wouldn't have held up as much of an argument if he had potentially pleaded and then been found not guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

CSF wrote: »
    The more I think about it, I doubt from a legal standpoint that Sunderland could take much action until he actually pleaded guilty.

'He was going to plead guilty' probably wouldn't have held up as much of an argument if he had potentially pleaded and then been found not guilty.

They could have suspended him on full pay, which would have happened in many other industries where an employee was the subject of an ongoing investigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Missus standing by him I see......

Jesus. She must have no self esteem what so ever, the poor woman.

I believe she was heavily pregnant at the time of the offence too. So not only did he cheat on her, he did it with a 15 year old, well in the knowledge of her age, and that he was grooming.

****ing hell. He pissed a great living away, and probably ruined a couple of lives too, to boot.

You'd also have to question Sunderland's stance in all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

he's admitted guilt!

Anyway, the details are a bit more sordid in my opinion.

He's admitted kissing the girl (and grooming her), but still has to stand trial on two other counts, which I assume will be more overtly sexual acts.

He's admitted guilt NOW - it's hardly fair to sack someone before guilt has been established. That said, he could have been internally suspended.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

For all we know, he could have been maintaining his innocence with her up until today. She was heavily pregnant, not an easy time to walk away because of an allegation. However, she really can't stand by him now.

He's admitted guilt NOW - it's hardly fair to sack someone before guilt has been established. That said, he could have been internally suspended.

This man would have been suspended without pay if he had told employers of his guilt early - especially in this case.

Can't help but think his initial shout of innocence, was to keep the vast money from his employers rolling in.

There's no way now he'll making that money now imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This man would have been suspended without pay if he had told employers of his guilt early - especially in this case.

Can't help but think his initial shout of innocence, was to keep the vast money from his employers rolling in.

There's no way now he'll making that money now imho.

Just checked - he was actually suspended when the allegations were first made, but the suspension was lifted three weeks later. Read into that what you will.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/31940379

If he did deny it and that was the reason for the club allowing him to play, I wonder if they have cause to sue him?

• Advertisement

Just checked - he was actually suspended when the allegations were first made, but the suspension was lifted three weeks later. Read into that what you will.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/31940379

If he did deny it and that was the reason for the club allowing him to play, I wonder if they have cause to sue him?

I can only imagine that the suspension was lifted due to him saying he would be fighting this due to innocence.

I'm quite sure he's made a million since. Crazy.

The club must have a case against him if my above theory is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I thought he'd have admitted but said he thought she was older not that he knew she was only 15.
    That is sick. You'd imagine a lot of legal good looking women would be throwing themselves at him with all his money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

200.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not defending him nor condemning him either. Cos we all know precious little.

I'd say though that it's a bit ridiculous with some of the comments. Ok the law is the law, but morally.., One day under 16 and you're scum of the earth child predator? Next day you're grand. Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Boskowski wrote: »

I'd say though that it's a bit ridiculous with some of the comments. Ok the law is the law, but morally.., One day under 16 and you're scum of the earth child predator? Next day you're grand. Seriously?

Hes pleaded guilty to knowingly grooming a minor. have you read the article linked?

No

• Advertisement

It would still be considered morally poor if she was 16, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Didn't he meet her at a club? Is it an adult club or did he go down to the local after school club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I hope Sunderland sue him for damages and send him to the poor house. His career probably isn't over I mean convicted rapist Ched Evans is still playing.

adox wrote: »
    Hes pleaded guilty to knowingly grooming a minor. have you read the article linked?
    No

He's also pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity.

yes, there needs to be a line somewhere.

He definitely crossed it. And he's also admitted it, it's not as if he's being charged and denying it.

He's admitted to grooming an underage girl, and to having sexual activity with her.

The book should be thrown at the nonce.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    I hope Sunderland sue him for damages and send him to the poor house. His career probably isn't over I mean convicted rapist Ched Evans is still playing.

For what team is Evans playing for?

It would still be considered morally poor if she was 16, in fairness.

Agreed. And that's kind of my point actually.

But anyway I have a feeling if there was guilty as hell category, someone who is dirty sleazy and couldn't get them young enough for just the one reason and another category, mentally not much more mature than the victim, but getting caught up in something stupid. If I'd have to make a gut call I'd stick Johnson probably in the second category. Not that I actually know and not that it changes anything. But still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Agreed. And that's kind of my point actually.

But anyway I have a feeling if there was guilty as hell category, someone who is dirty sleazy and couldn't get them young enough for just the one reason and another category, mentally not much more mature than the victim, but getting caught up in something stupid. If I'd have to make a gut call I'd stick Johnson probably in the second category. Not that I actually know and not that it changes anything. But still.

easier to make that argument if she is under 16 and he is say 18 or 19. But he is 28... How far removed is his mental age from his actual age likely to be!

jaykay74 wrote: »
    easier to make that argument if she is under 16 and he is say 18 or 19. But he is 28... How far removed is his mental age from his actual age likely to be!

Well he's a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

For what team is Evans playing for?

Apologies, he's finished so,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oat23 wrote: »
    Didn't he meet her at a club? Is it an adult club or did he go down to the local after school club?

From what I gathered from Reddit, I believe all that was quickly discredited as a viable excuse.

he didn't meet her in a club at all, he was grooming her on Social Media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

he didn't meet her in a club at all, he was grooming her on Social Media.

and if that happened and is proved in a court of law then he deserves the book and has to accept with out question the full public backlash, will more than likely finish his career and will in my opinion only get a hiding when inside - he deliberately set out with intent and followed up on his actions online, there can be " i was not aware" argument at all. :mad:

BrookieD wrote: »
    and if that happened and is proved in a court of law then he deserves the book and has to accept with out question the full public backlash, will more than likely finish his career and will in my opinion only get a hiding when inside - he deliberately set out with intent and followed up on his actions online, there can be " i was not aware" argument at all. :mad:

He ADMITTED grooming.

you don't groom in a once off meeting at a packed club.

He's admitted this, it doesn't need to be proven in court.

• Advertisement
Advertisement