Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Cork City this Sat with girlfriend - sightseeing etc

Options
  • 10-02-2016 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As the title says I'm visiting Cork City this Sat with the girlfriend for a little Valentine's trip away for the day.

I'm not really that familiar with the city and was just wondering if ye have any recommendations on things to do, sights to see and perhaps romantic restaurant/cafe to grab a bite to eat. And of course pubs!

We won't have a car so will be sticking to things that are walking distance from Merchants Quay.

We'll be visiting the English Market but after that have no plans as such.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Have a look here.Click on the buttons at top of page for Entertainment,Sights etc.
    http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ireland/county-cork/cork-city/things-to-do

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Multiple night clubs Vodoo, Bowery
    Pubs Deep South, Sober Lane,

All depends on your age etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Multiple night clubs Vodoo, Bowery
    Pubs Deep South, Sober Lane,

All depends on your age etc

Well we won't be going to any clubs as we are only there for the day.

In our early thirties, gf is foreign so traditional Irish pubs and music is a novelty for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I suppose the best "trad" pubs would be Sin E and The Corner House which are beside each other on Coberg street. Not in the middle of the city, about a 5/10 minute walk. Sort of on the way to the train station. Also An Bodhran on Oliver Plunkett street.

For food I would go to Market Lane. Very nice food and would be nice for valentines. Could be very busy though for lunch and you can't reserve.

If it's a nice day you could go for a walk to Fitzgerald's Park. There is also a nice cafe there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement