Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beers Saturday April 9th

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hoping to make it in for this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Atari Jaguar
    Well back in the days of BGRH, all newbies had to bring a can of condensed milk. I can't remember why condensed milk was chosen, but it was an easy way of telling who was part of the crowd.

It was based on the old tradition of when couples used to meet through personal ads, they'd both wear a carnation so they'd recognize each other.

One boardsie couldn't find a carnation so chose the next best thing

3801_LRGimg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Atari Jaguar
    The Master wrote: »
    It was based on the old tradition of when couples used to meet through personal ads, they'd both wear a carnation so they'd recognize each other.

One boardsie couldn't find a carnation so chose the next best thing

3801_LRGimg.jpg

That's actually really clever.

I wanna know who the nearly swinger's were though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nope I am a bore
    Remarkable. Dublin Bus don't seem to have evolved at all since I left Dublin over half a decade ago.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

That's actually really clever.

I wanna know who the nearly swinger's were though!

Atari Jaguar
    Remarkable. Dublin Bus don't seem to have evolved at all since I left Dublin over half a decade ago.

There are a few new busses on the roads.

All fancy like, from Amer-i-kay don't ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Nope I am a bore
    I'm going to try and make it along to this.
    I haven't been at a TGC Beers before so hopefully I be able to find the right group.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nope I am a bore
    I'm going to try and make it along to this.
    I haven't been at a TGC Beers before so hopefully I be able to find the right group.

Just find the sophisticated looking group of gents drinking expensive whiskey and puffing on Cuban cigars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

And we'll be in the other corner, yeah?

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Just find the sophisticated looking group of gents drinking expensive whiskey and puffing on Cuban cigars.

And then look at the tables around them to find us.

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Telling the staff that I'm looking for a table under the name of "Saul T Nutzz" might not be the best idea so I'll have to try to remember your actual name.

Just ask for 'Can you point me to that bloke named in the Panama Papers?' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Nope I am a bore
    Looking forward to this now. Is 8.30 too late to turn up?

Atari Jaguar
    ulinbac wrote: »
    Looking forward to this now. Is 8.30 too late to turn up?

Not at all mate, we will be there for a couple of hours at least, well, I certainly will anyway, my wife is away for the night so I won't be rushing home!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Atari Jaguar
    You guys there?

Just finished my dinner and washing it down with a beer, will head in shortly.

Atari Jaguar
    Should be there in approx 10 minutes, I will post on thread when I get situated.

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar
    We are on the third floor chaps, the little cubby hole opposite the bar, myself and ancoppaildorcha are here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Atari Jaguar
    On the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Nope I am a bore
    More of a lurker these days, but I'll pop by soon for a quick one and a chat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nope I am a bore
    Will be there in 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Nope I am a bore
    Coppers ya?

• Advertisement

Nope I am a bore
    Be there in 20 missed dart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Have a good one lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Nope I am a bore
    Forgot all about it. Won't be in. sorry...

Atari Jaguar
    I used to think I was a beer monster.

I still am a quasi beer monster but the proper beer monsters that arrived tonight, ye are outrageous!

Fantastic night, hope to see ye all again!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Thanks for organising it man - it was a good night I thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nope I am a bore
    Amirani wrote: »
    Thanks for organising it man - it was a good night I thought.

Agreed. The trains home today couldn't possibly have been less convenient though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Be there in 20 missed dart

Were you in Johnny Foxes today!? Could have sworn I saw you :confused:

Nope I am a bore
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Were you in Johnny Foxes today!? Could have sworn I saw you :confused:

Ha ya I was? Where were you ? Was trying g to do the recovery being down at powerscourt gardens and there as never been there. Old only manage a coke though!

Thanks for the night lads aswell. Enjoyed it and finished with great kebab from Zaytoon 😊

Nope I am a bore
    Agreed. The trains home today couldn't possibly have been less convenient though.

Are you still complaining about public transport? ??

Ha ya I was? Where were you ? Was trying g to do the recovery being down at powerscourt gardens and there as never been there. Old only manage a coke though!

Thanks for the night lads aswell. Enjoyed it and finished with great kebab from Zaytoon 😊

Yeah I was outside and thought I saw you strolling by but wasn't sure and didn't want to make a tit of myself :D

• Advertisement

Nope I am a bore
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Are you still complaining about public transport? ??

My 45 minute journey home from Gatwick became 2.5 hours.

Nope I am a bore
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Yeah I was outside and thought I saw you strolling by but wasn't sure and didn't want to make a tit of myself :D

What brought you that from south an high? Was with the gf but unfortunately the afters from the whiskey was kicking in at that time :(

Ah I was just out and about. I left early so no hangover for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Nope I am a bore
    Out and about by yourself ya?

Whaa

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Main gossip/speculation from the beers is whether Wibbs looks like Father Jack...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sadly couldn't make it :( but nope, I don't look like Father Jack. Yet anyway. :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement