Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match abdandoned - Settled as loss

Options
  • 10-02-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Last night I had a bet of €20 on Deportivo Morón v Deportivo Riestra to be over 1.5 goals in the Argentinian Division 2.

During the match something obviously happened and the match was suspended and in turn abandoned.

There's a couple of things I need to know here as Paddy Power are settling it as a loss because they claim over 90% of the match was played in which case they say the bet is a loss. From what I gather though, a ball wasn't kicked after the 70th minute mark (maybe even earlier). I know the general rule for abandoned matches is if they are finished within 24 hours the bet stands and if not the bet is void but this is a loss for me here.

Could anyone find out what minute play was actually stopped? Once play was stopped at one stage a ball was not kicked after that, so 90% of the match was not played. Thanks if you can help here as it is really annoying me.

Transcript with live chat as follows:

[12:24:40 PM]Hi, my name is Martina. I'm here to help you with your query.
    [12:24:49 PM] Thanks
    [12:25:17 PM]Martina: Hi xxx, according to our rules if over 90% of the match is played the bets stand so it is settled correctly i'm afraid
    [12:25:45 PM] Over 90% wasn't played tho?
    [12:25:57 PM]Martina: It was deemed over 90% officially
    [12:26:16 PM] That would be 81 minutes.
    [12:26:31 PM] The match was called off well before that
    [12:27:07 PM] Is this some sort of a joke?
    [12:27:08 PM]Martina: I do apologise but this has been settled as per our rules if you wish I can send this on to a manager and they can email you regarding this?>
    [12:27:23 PM]Martina: Can I ask your mother’s maiden name and the last 4 digits of the active debit/credit card on your account for security purposes please?
    [12:27:35 PM]What the hell???? They didn't even play 70 minutes and I backed over 1.5 goals, are you serious????
    [12:27:51 PM]xxx
    [12:27:55 PM]xxx
    [12:28:15 PM]Martina: Thank you I can send this on to a manager on your behalf and they can contact you regarding this or if you prefer I can see if one is available now?
    [12:28:37 PM]Yes see is one available now. This is an absolute joke
    [12:29:03 PM]Martina: Okay here we go our manager Martin will join this chat now okay, have a lovely day
    [12:29:12 PM]Thanks a mill
    [12:29:17 PM]Hi, my name is Martin. I'm here to help you with your query.
    [12:29:17 PM]'Martina' disconnected ('Participant Left').
    [12:29:28 PM]Hi Martin how's it going?
    [12:30:00 PM]I assume you saw my query. The match didn't even make it to 70 mins never mind 81
    [12:30:17 PM]Backed over 1.5 goals and ye have it down as a loss
    [12:30:50 PM]Martin: Hi xxx my name is Martin I'm the Escalation Manager on duty this afternoon. One moment please while I review the contact
    [12:30:59 PM]Thanks mate
    [12:35:07 PM]Martin: I do apologise for any delay in response. I can confirm that we escalate this query to our traders this morning and I'm afraid the scout traded the game and it was not abandoned until injury time. I certainly appreciate third party sites have the game as being cancelled, but as we have confirmation from the scout who was at the game that more than 90% of the game was played - I can confirm that Bet receipt xxx has been settled in accordance with out rules. I'm afraid we will not be offering a goodwill gesture or a refund of the aforementioned bet in this case.
    [12:36:32 PM]The game was stopped before the 70th minute and a ball was not kicked thereafter
    [12:36:57 PM]Martin: Have you confirmation of this xxx and I can certainly pass this on? Confirmation in the shape of an official link
    [12:37:15 PM] Actually , can I get an email of this transcript please
    [12:37:39 PM]Just want to see what others make of it first
    [12:37:52 PM]Martin: No problem I shall send it once the live help session terminates
    [12:37:57 PM]This should 100% not stand
    [12:38:25 PM]Martin: As I have advised we have confirmation from the scout who traded the game live that the game was not abandoned until deep into Injury Time.
    [12:38:25 PM]Thanks, please send it on there and I'm logging off now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

From a quick look, it seems that there were 2 power cuts in the 2nd half, the first at 55 minutes which lasted 26 minutes and the second at 81 minutes at which point the match was abandoned. Based on that it looks like 81/90 minutes were played, or 90% had been played.

http://www.tycsports.com/futbol/moron-y-riestra-suspendido-por-un-corte-de-luz

So in my opinion it probably comes down to terminology as it is borderline:
    if the rules state if "90% or more" of the match is played..., I would interpret that as a loss
    if the rules state if "over 90%" of the match is played..., I would interpret that as a void

I have no idea how reliable that source above is plus I relied on google translate so it could all be gibberish!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭TippCashel

seklly wrote: »
    From a quick look, it seems that there were 2 power cuts in the 2nd half, the first at 55 minutes which lasted 26 minutes and the second at 81 minutes at which point the match was abandoned. Based on that it looks like 81/90 minutes were played, or 90% had been played.

So in my opinion it probably comes down to terminology as it is borderline:
    if the rules state if "90% or more" of the match is played..., I would interpret that as a loss
    if the rules state if "over 90%" of the match is played..., I would interpret that as a void

I have no idea how reliable that source above is plus I relied on google translate so it could all be gibberish!

Thanks for your reply.

Here is what it says on Paddy Power:

"In circumstances where over 90% of the scheduled match time has been completed and the referee ends the match before the allotted time has elapsed then we will use that result for the settlement of all bets placed on the game."

Any recommendations on my next play here? I haven't been this frustrated with PP like this ever. Just the stubbornness of them is disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

TippCashel wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

Here is what it says on Paddy Power:

"In circumstances where over 90% of the scheduled match time has been completed and the referee ends the match before the allotted time has elapsed then we will use that result for the settlement of all bets placed on the game."

Any recommendations on my next play here? I haven't been this frustrated with PP like this ever. Just the stubbornness of them is disappointing

If I was you I would watch the game, get exact timings and figure if more or less then 90 percent had been played.
    If it appears it's less than 90 percent, ask them to clarify how they came to their decision and outline your own calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭TippCashel

mickdw wrote: »
    If I was you I would watch the game, get exact timings and figure if more or less then 90 percent had been played.
    If it appears it's less than 90 percent, ask them to clarify how they came to their decision and outline your own calculation.

Now to find the video of an Argentinian Division B match is another thing 😜

Advertisement