Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contesting charge on inactive card.

Options
  • 10-02-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,

Despite cancelling renewal over the phone in December 2015 I was charged an annual service subscription by a third party in January 2016.
    The credit card charged for the subscription is an inactive BOI Mastercard, since supplanted by a newer one but still listed on my 365 Online accounts.

I called the third party to cancel this subscription again on 01 February 2016 and although this was cancelled the money has not been returned.

According to the statement for the credit card in question if the balance is not settled by 29 February 2016 additional fees will be charged.

I called BOI Card Services and was told that the contest the charge I will need to send a letter including proof of having made the phone calls cancelling the subscription, the standard of proof being written acknowledgment from the third party.

Is there a way to contest this charge that does not require written support from the third partly that wrongfully charged me in the first place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

While our standard charge back procedure would be applicable to this type of situation, to address your query pacifically can we ask you to send your query via the online Service desk using the Ask a Question.

If you can send your query for the attention of myself; Tara, I will have my colleague from that department reply to you.

Thanks,
    Tara C

Advertisement