Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options
  • 10-02-2016 4:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

On the front of the independent there's a story abt how Galway city council want to bring a prosperous proposal to Aiken promotions to bring the boss to play a 3rd concert out in a the airport. (Might be a bit far out from the city out for some boardies) They've missed the deadline for planning permission (takes 13 weeks) and also the airport doesn't have the necessary license to hold a large amount of people but the attitude of Galway City Councillors is feck it we'll try anyways. Are they blinded by there on stupidity or euro signs?€€€

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I'm actually impressed that someone has suggested this- okay, it's probably pie in the sky stuff but it's good to see someone with ambition and big dreams. (I did think it was April 1st when I first heard it though!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I'm actually impressed that someone has suggested this- okay, it's probably pie in the sky stuff but it's good to see someone with ambition and big dreams. (I did think it was April 1st when I first heard it though!)

The real problems around the city is what they should their prioritise, stuff they were elected to do. Once again GCC show their only interest in how best to line their pockets and agendas

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

The real problems around the city is what they should their prioritise, stuff they were elected to do. Once again GCC show their only interest in how best to line their pockets and agendas

And will a concert, by Bruce Springsteen no less, not generate significant amounts of revenue for businesses around the area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Even though it would break every planning and licensing laws in the country were these clowns really thinking that Bruce would rock out Croke park Friday nite before packing up all his stuff up to play a concert in a abandoned airport out whest before trekking back to the capital for another show. With all the problems this city has its disappointing to hear the our elected officials spend allocated time on Monday discussing 'fantasy land ideas' when they could have used that time productively for some good

No doubt they all got concert tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair it was absolutely fantasy land stuff - it was never going to happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement