If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BenQ W1070 Focus Issue

Options
  • 10-02-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a BenQ W1070 around black Friday and have just noticed that the focus on the right to bottom right of the screen is not as sharp as the left of the screen especially with text, I have tried re-focus and the the projector is flat, I have tried moving slightly but still no joy. All is perfect apart from this issue but it is niggling at me, any Advice or does this sound like a hardware issue that may need dealing with via the warranty?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi,

I bought a BenQ W1070 around black Friday and have just noticed that the focus on the right to bottom right of the screen is not as sharp as the left of the screen especially with text, I have tried re-focus and the the projector is flat, I have tried moving slightly but still no joy. All is perfect apart from this issue but it is niggling at me, any Advice or does this sound like a hardware issue that may need dealing with via the warranty?
    HI Lord spence, thanks for the post, and sorry to hear you're having problems with the projector.

It does sound like a fault that would need looked at, but i'll have a chat with the guys in the morning and come back to you if ok

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hi,

HI Lord spence, thanks for the post, and sorry to hear you're having problems with the projector.

It does sound like a fault that would need looked at, but i'll have a chat with the guys in the morning and come back to you if ok

Brian
    That would be great, I'll await a reply. Thanks Brian.

Hi,

Brian
    HI LordSpence,

If you could send the projector back in to us, we could stick it on here first just to have a look and see if there's anything in the setup, and if not then we could send it in to get looked at for you

Please include your name/address/contact number and small description of the fault with the unit when you ship it

Cheers

Hi,

Brian
    HI LordSpence,

If you could send the projector back in to us, we could stick it on here first just to have a look and see if there's anything in the setup, and if not then we could send it in to get looked at for you

Please include your name/address/contact number and small description of the fault with the unit when you ship it

Cheers
    Hi Brian,

Obviously shipping it from southern Ireland would be costly for me, would ye not arrange a courier to collect? I would be tech savvy and have checked all setting and would be very sure there is no setting to change focus in just one part of a screen, so sending to your store to play with the settings doesn't sound very productive. Having done some research it would seem this focus issue is quiet a common problem among the W1070. 

This does appear to be a warranty situation?

Hi,

Brian
    HI LordSpence,

Cheers
    Hi Brian,

Obviously shipping it from southern Ireland would be costly for me, would ye not arrange a courier to collect? I would be tech savvy and have checked all setting and would be very sure there is no setting to change focus in just one part of a screen, so sending to your store to play with the settings doesn't sound very productive. Having done some research it would seem this focus issue is quiet a common problem among the W1070. 

Hi LordSpence,

We can have the projector looked at, and it will be under warranty, it was just a suggestion that we could have a look at it here first before sending it on, to try and save a bit of time for you. Unfortunately we would still require you to send the projector back up to us for forwarding to our repairs department, and once it has been sorted out, we will then ship it back down to you

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

Hi,

Brian
    HI LordSpence,

Cheers
    Hi Brian,

Hi LordSpence,

We can have the projector looked at, and it will be under warranty, it was just a suggestion that we could have a look at it here first before sending it on, to try and save a bit of time for you. Unfortunately we would still require you to send the projector back up to us for forwarding to our repairs department, and once it has been sorted out, we will then ship it back down to you

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks Brian, sorry if I came across a little snappy. If the product is found faulty will you refund postage charges? I have never come across a situation where the customer has to incur charges for trying to get their product fixed under warranty?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Lordspence,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - generally its the responsibility of the Customer to get the product to us - if you use a carrier like fastway its actually not too expensive ( should be under £10) - we will check it in-store and then if there is a fault we will send it to the UK service centre for you and then arrange collection from the UK and return to you free of charge.

If you are sending it via Courier can you please make sure that its really well packaged and give us a clear fault description and of course you name and address so we know where to send it!

Stephen who looks after our service admin will look after it for you and give you a call with a service reference when it hits us - we don't get a significant number of issues with BenQ ( and especially 1070's - they have been bulletproof!) but their service on the few occasions we have used it has been pretty efficient.

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way ( I'm off today so I may not revert by return!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the reply John, I think I am going to see if I can live with it for now as its only noticeable with text on screen and not at all when watching a movie, but as I said it was just niggling at me. Agreed on the w1070 though for the money it is a brilliant projector and I am loving it.

Thanks for the reply John, I think I am going to see if I can live with it for now as its only noticeable with text on screen and not at all when watching a movie, but as I said it was just niggling at me. Agreed on the w1070 though for the money it is a brilliant projector and I am loving it.
    No probs, if it gets any worse, or niggles too much, send it up to us and we'll get it looked at. Possibly worth doing anyway before the warranty runs out, just in case :)

Cheers
    Brian

Hey Brian, 

that issue I was having with focus on the benq is still happening and I think I am going to send it in before my warranty expires, can you advise what I need to do please?

• Advertisement

Hey Brian, 

that issue I was having with focus on the benq is still happening and I think I am going to send it in before my warranty expires, can you advise what I need to do please?
    Hi Lord ASpence, sorry to hear of the issues#

If you can send it back up to us, in original box if poss and well packed for shipping, along with your name/address/contact details and short fault description

Richer Sounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Cheers
    Brian

cheers Brian will do

cheers Brian will do
    no probs, will keep an eye out for it

Brian

cheers Brian will do

Brian
     do you need the remote and power cable?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cheers Brian will do

Brian
     do you need the remote and power cable?
    Hey Lord Spence.

You can hold onto those as we only require the unit.

We will keep our eye out for its return.

Lads just to let you know the projector should be with ye today, I shipped via nightline (Parcel Motel)

Lads just to let you know the projector should be with ye today, I shipped via nightline (Parcel Motel)
    Hey Lord Spence.

Thanks for letting us know.

It has not arrived in with us as of yet. Once it does I'll drop you a post to confirm.

Hey Lord Spence.

It has not arrived in with us as of yet. Once it does I'll drop you a post to confirm.
    Looks like it was delivered yesterday at 5pm, can ye confirm ye have it? also any idea what the turnaround time I can expect on this?

Hey Lord Spence.

Looks like it was delivered yesterday at 5pm, can ye confirm ye have it? also any idea what the turnaround time I can expect on this?
    Hi Lord Spence.

Yes in was indeed delivered into us last at 5pm.

We have it here ready to run a few tests but it been so busy here today.
    We will have a quick test at before we leave this evening.

Normal turnaround on a repair can be up to 2 weeks depending on the fault and the parts needed to repair.

Once we have sent it back to the repair agent we will know better of time frame. We will of course keep you up to date on its progress.

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Normal turnaround on a repair can be up to 2 weeks depending on the fault and the parts needed to repair.

Once we have sent it back to the repair agent we will know better of time frame. We will of course keep you up to date on its progress.
    Lads just wondering how this is progressing, it will be 2 weeks on Tuesday since you received the item for repair so wondering can I expect it back early next week?

• Advertisement

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Lads just wondering how this is progressing, it will be 2 weeks on Tuesday since you received the item for repair so wondering can I expect it back early next week?
    Hi Lord Spence,

I will check with our repair manager today and get him to give you an update on that asap.

Many thanks

David

Hi Lord Spence,

I will check with our repair manager today and get him to give you an update on that asap.

Many thanks

David

Appreciate that thanks David

Appreciate that thanks David

Haven't had any update yet, can I get one asap please

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence,

Many thanks

David
    Hi David, Very disappointed not to have had any information from your team yet regarding the status of my repair, I was told it would take up to two weeks? Well its two weeks today since you received the unit. While I have no issue if it will take slightly longer its the lack of information which is very poor and unexpected from you guys. 

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence,

Many thanks

David
    Hi David, Very disappointed not to have had any information from your team yet regarding the status of my repair, I was told it would take up to two weeks? Well its two weeks today since you received the unit. While I have no issue if it will take slightly longer its the lack of information which is very poor and unexpected from you guys. 
    Sorry Lord Spence, we have had an incredibly busy 10 days and are getting a bit behind on boards etc, but finally getting caught up now.
    I'll chase our repairs manager for an update and come back to you in the morning if that's ok

Brian

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence,

Many thanks

David
    Sorry Lord Spence, we have had an incredibly busy 10 days and are getting a bit behind on boards etc, but finally getting caught up now.
    I'll chase our repairs manager for an update and come back to you in the morning if that's ok

Brian
    That's great Brian, thanks for coming back to me so quick.

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence,

Many thanks

David

Brian
    Hey Brian, Did you manage to get an update for me?

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence,

Many thanks

David

Brian
    Hi Lord Spence did you get our PMs ok?

Hey Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence,

Many thanks

David

Brian
    Hi Lord Spence did you get our PMs ok?
    Yes PM's received and replied to, Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Lord,

just to reiterate what the guys said - apologies for the delay - a bit beyond our control TBH - Benq have changed their systems and were being slightly plonkerish... but hopefully that bit is resolved now :)

Unfortunately we are now at their mercy in terms of turnaround time - but per the PM if it looks tight for Crimbo return we will loan you our display unit ;)

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.