Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in a remote location at 62 years old.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Nomis21 wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying this property...

http://www.daft.ie/kerry/houses-for-sale/sneem/eskine-sneem-kerry-1101764/

It is at the end of a long and remote road in the Kerry Mountains. But I have fallen in love with the idea of living there and having my own circle of Standing Stones in the garden surrounded by woodlands and breathtaking mountain scenery with star filled skies untouched by any pollution.

But at the age of 62 am I taking a risk living alone in such a remote location?

I am in good health but is it still too risky being so far from the nearest town?

Have you viewed it? Probably in poor nick, needing a lot of work to bring it up to scratch.
    Know the area well from hillwalking and it's seriously remote. Roads would be iffy in bad weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

gaius c wrote: »
    Have you viewed it? Probably in poor nick, needing a lot of work to bring it up to scratch.
    Know the area well from hillwalking and it's seriously remote. Roads would be iffy in bad weather.

The OP posted an update yesterday but I see he has since deleted it. In short, he decided against bidding for this property. The condition of the house seems to have been a deal breaker. He has since put in an offer for another house elsewhere in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

As the OP appears to have deleted their most recent update and left the thread, thread closed

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement