Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some St raphaels units forced to close

Options
  • 10-02-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

http://m.rte.ie/news/2016/0210/766865-hiqa-kildare-report/

Sad news but hopefully the service users will be placed somewhere more adequate. Hard on the staff too im sure, theres only so much they could implement on the floor with out direction from higher management

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't think its in its entirety - each unit would be assessed separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

Disgraceful and typically it suggests staff are to blame while a quick read of the article makes it clear UNDERstaffing was the problem .Most shameful government in history state ?But their rich patrons have had their debts paid and they can retire on big pensions so they don't give a damn .

As for direction from management the HSE in common with many organisations seem to foster bullying with huge sections of staff being out on stress leave from top down harassment .Sure didn't the same Mullarkey trickle down from Enda Kenny to Alan Shatter to Garda Commissioner ( with top brass interviewees also being asked about their views on water protestors!)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

L1011 wrote: »
    I don't think its in its entirety - each unit would be assessed separately.

I wondered that I think I read 127 service users affected though that would be a lot of the full time clients. Id say the day services and school are not effected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The staff are generally somewhat relieved since HIQA got involved as they have been struggling with staff shortages, cutbacks, old style facilities and buildings. They are more hopeful of improvements now that the reports have been made more public.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Joe Public wrote: »
    The staff are generally somewhat relieved since HIQA got involved as they have been struggling with staff shortages, cutbacks, old style facilities and buildings. They are more hopeful of improvements now that the reports have been made more public.

But they had been working hard to implement change and finally had received a substantial increase in staff numbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement