Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Granary new gastro pub and luxury nightclub

• 10-02-2016 10:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Crush 87 and the Orchard closing in next few weeks
    New venture going in there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bigpink wrote: »

Are they hoping to change the crowd as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Are they hoping to change the crowd as well?

Going upmarket.Doing it all up
    Tuscany bistro that have 2 restaurants running food
    Nightclub with table service

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know if this should be in the business opening/business closing/restaurant thread so I'll just leave it here for a while until we figure out the best place for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Any link or more info on this?

Skuxx wrote: »
    Any link or more info on this?

Brother in the trade and staff told aswell.
    Staff being hired taking in cvs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Thank Christ. Crush is an absolute hole of a place. Badly need a decent upmarket club in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Going upmarket.Doing it all up
    Tuscany bistro that have 2 restaurants running food
    Nightclub with table service

I'll give it a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Hopefully it works out for them, nice little spot with a courtyard that's perfect for some outside dining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

As a restaurant or wine bar the orchard bar area could work very well. An upmarket nightclub though, not too sure. A few places have opened trying to be up market and completely flopped.

Yeah the building could be a good restaurant.Nightclub not so they will deffo have to get rid of students and the scobes

• Advertisement

Yeah the building could be a good restaurant.Nightclub not so they will deffo have to get rid of students and the scobes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hope it's a success!

It would be great to have a "nightclub" in the City that cater for an older crowd.

Yes fingers crossed that it goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Just bring back Docs, I miss it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Spent a few hours in the library there today. A courtyard full of Orchard Thieves banners. No thanks! Hopefully the new place has better decor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

It needs to be gutted. Crush is as tacky as you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

Loved the place when it was Trinity Rooms; had something for everyone with a live band in the Courtyard Bar/R&B Room/Mainstream dance floor.

cson wrote: »
    Loved the place when it was Trinity Rooms; had something for everyone with a live band in the Courtyard Bar/R&B Room/Mainstream dance floor.

Spent my teenage years/early 20's there. It was a great venue when Joe Clarke ran it. Great resident DJ's and had its fair share of top guest DJ's too. Something for everyone as you said. Those were the days :(

*gazes out the window reminiscing*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Joe ran a good club in fairness and always has, everyclub in town is offering the same thing and nothing different, they have no imagination, shame really.

Hopefully this will change, the licencing laws need to be changed and people who want to go out and dance should be catered for, closing places at 2.30 am is a joke, there should be some left open till 5 am where you can have a few djs a night or live acts, everything revolves around alcohol and should be more entertainment based, heres to wishing.

cson wrote: »

Crush was doing that wasnt that much different from trinity tooms just we are now older

• Advertisement

Joe ran a good club in fairness and always has, everyclub in town is offering the same thing and nothing different, they have no imagination, shame really.

Hopefully this will change, the licencing laws need to be changed and people who want to go out and dance should be catered for, closing places at 2.30 am is a joke, there should be some left open till 5 am where you can have a few djs a night or live acts, everything revolves around alcohol and should be more entertainment based, heres to wishing.

He did but getting involved with Trinity Rooms west ruined him and then the main club closing leaving suppliers and staff unpaid.Some staff there details being used

Sober up bigpink. Can't make head nor tail of your posts.

Sober up bigpink. Can't make head nor tail of your posts.

Long sober my friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Jmccoy1 wrote: »

This!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What happened to Joe? Is he gone from Limerick completely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Aidric wrote: »

He started managing the rubberbandits.

He started managing the rubberbandits.

And the Wright Venue in Dublin. Although that was an age ago. Could have moved on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Jmccoy1 wrote: »

I loved docs, trinity rooms was ok too in the beginning. Hope limerick gets an upmarket club. Good quality djs, spinning quality tuneage.

Spent my teenage years/early 20's there. It was a great venue when Joe Clarke ran it. Great resident DJ's and had its fair share of top guest DJ's too. Something for everyone as you said. Those were the days :(

*gazes out the window reminiscing*

judge jules,mauro picotto, jon carter, eddie haliwell,Tall paul.

Fairly big names every other week. I think the place peaked in 2002/03

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »

I was back in limerick a few weeks ago and ended up in cobblestone joes..jesus it was awful, a live band came on wearing beanie hats, looking all 'indie', next they started playing 'oh what a night', and such like music :o

Advertisement