Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going from ruck to roads

• 11-02-2016 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Well folks,

I am looking for some advice..so I have been playing rugby for the last few years and have recently given up due to career restrictions and basically taking too many knocks to the noggin.

So basically I am looking for some advice from those fellow runners what is the best way to get on the running bandwagon, Im interested in doing some 5ks during the summer with the ultimate goal being to complete a 10km race at some stage,

My own fitness isn't the worse I think..as a tight 5 forward I can get around the pitch but what I am finding hard when running,is after a few mins I am wrecked and mentally finding it hard to focus. I have no problem going for 80 mins on a pitch but seems I can't go much longer then running for 2/3 mins without needing to walk. I do believe its more mind over matter really but would like to hear what advice some people may have from their own experiences.

Thanks in advance

Hooker on the run.

Advertisement