Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the Aspire BVC coils safe?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

That is an old tread but I understand your concern.

Aspire don't make BVC coils with that material any more and now only use organic cotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 comeon

I used these BVC coils in september 2014 & spring of 2015.

I've used them too and they worked very well. I did know about potential concerns back then and that pushed me to get into making my own coils using organic cotton.

Aspire only brought out the newer cotton based coils last summer and it was probably several months before vendors moved on to the new stock.

I think almost all, if not all prebuilt coils are using cotton these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I thought I saw these new cotton wick BVC for sale,just had a look through the Irish vendors & all their Nautilus BVC coils have ceramic wicks,I checked out a few Youtube vids & they also mention ceramic but they insist on priming the coil first,some reviewers recommend dry burning the BVC coil to clean it & others are against it totally.
    I also looked at Pauly Meatballs videos Part1 & 2 of the BVC coil,he takes the coil apart,he mentions filler but never mentions what material it is.
    I'm not saying ceramic is bad but it is strange that some vendors do not list their BVC coils with what material the wicks are made of.
    One vendor does,Esmokeireland,they say it is ceramic http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/nautilusbvc.htm

Or am I mistaken.

ROV says the new BVC coil is a NO Wick Design....http://republicofvape.ie/shop/aspire-nautilus-replacement-coil-bvc/
    am I going nuts:D:D:D

I think Aspire tried to stay very quite when they switched over to cotton. It's only the vaping geeks like us that take notice.

Don't know what there saying with "no wick" when there is obviously some sort of wick involved. Probably marketing double-speak for the fact that there is no wick that leads out and into the juice like the really old designs and now just uses and compact wick around the coil (like everybody else).

• Advertisement
Advertisement