Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor or vodafone

Options
  • 11-02-2016 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

I'm currently with Three prepay having been an O2 customer previously

Not overly happy with three so was thinking about moving to Meteor/Vodafone.

I'm looking for an unlimited calls and texts package. Some data would also be good but I've wifi at home so just need enough for when I'm out and about.

Both have packages for €30 which would suit what I need so its a case of deciding which is better to go with. I suppose in terms of coverage, service, reliability, etc

I'm living in Glanmire in Cork

I've never been a customer of either so any recommendations welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Vodafone has better coverage, meteor is cheaper. I've use meteor/emobile for years and am happy enough. Though my friend with Vodafone had better data coverage than me when out of main cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Meteor
    PAYG 20euro pm all calls, 15GB (7.5 after 6 months), 400 free webtext.

You could also go for 10euro pm for 7.5GB (3G), 400 free webtext and use an app for calls.

https://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simplicity/

Vodafone
    As mentioned above not as good value wise.
    10 euro of 20 euro top up for 5GB + Vodafone only calls. 600 free webtext.

IMHO Meteor is better for rural 3G, if coverage is an issue.

I presume you're staying with PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

big_drive wrote: »
    I'm currently with Three prepay having been an O2 customer previously

Not overly happy with three so was thinking about moving to Meteor/Vodafone.

I'm looking for an unlimited calls and texts package. Some data would also be good but I've wifi at home so just need enough for when I'm out and about.

If you have been suffering Three's abysmal service, you should find Meteor vastly superior. Meteor have good 4G coverage, HD Voice, and probably the best roaming deal in Europe. While you have stated a preference for Pre-pay, you should consider their €24pm Sim-only Bill-pay for Unlimited Voice & Text and 10GB of data (dropping to 5GB after 6 months). It's only a 30 day contract, so your level commitment is no more than if you buy a months top-up on pre-pay.

Advertisement