Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical Therapist cost

Options
  • 11-02-2016 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Been having ITB issues for almost a year now.. been to a physiotherapist and a physical therapist over that time and don't feel I've had any relief.

Wanted to give it one more shot with someone who seems well recommended but €70 seems steep to me.

Any opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Don't spend another cent until you address the causal issues.

Sounds like the symptoms are being treated over and over with no one getting to the root cause. Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

City center for work and Dublin 6w for Life.. First physio told me to do squats and continue to run as long as it was pain free, Seconf one was brash and loud, Didn't listen and made me take a month off before I started core work..

I ran last night for first time in a month after making up my own treatment plan and was pretty pain free for most of 10k.. still niggles though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

shansey wrote: »
    Been having ITB issues for almost a year now.. been to a physiotherapist and a physical therapist over that time and don't feel I've had any relief.

Wanted to give it one more shot with someone who seems well recommended but €70 seems steep to me.

Any opinions

How much hands on time do you get from the physio?

I could go into ITBs at great length but the charter and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

tunney wrote: »
    How much hands on time do you get from the physio?

I could go into ITBs at great length but the charter and all.

feel free to pm...I'm desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

shansey wrote: »
    feel free to pm...I'm desperate

A lot of people fell the need to release or stretch the ITB which is a useless exercise IMO.

My advice:
    • You need to address the tension in the muscles around the area, qlutes / quads / hamstrings.
    • Any imbalance in stability - barefeet stand on one leg, slow one leg squat, switch to other side, if you can't balance there is muscle strength issues = work on these.
    • Your footwear? For running should, where ITB is flaring up, be stable for your longer runs and possibly all runs. Don't be in minimal shoes with ITB issues (short term anyway)
    Take matters in your own hands and address the cause of the problem which is likely evident in one of these points.

• Advertisement

http://www.ciaranmcdonagh.com/

Also 6W

Charges €40 and it fanbloodytastic. He's an athlete himself, so he "gets" it.

Advertisement