Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping from USA

Options
  • 11-02-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I was wondering if I will have to pay duty tax if my brother who lives in states sends me a parcel (to Ireland). Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

angello90 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering if I will have to pay duty tax if my brother who lives in states sends me a parcel (to Ireland). Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Thanks

Depending on the value of what you send, and what it is.
    3. Consignments of Negligible Value

Consignments not exceeding an intrinsic value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. (Intrinsic value is the value of the goods alone, and does not include insurance and freight). Consignments not exceeding a total customs value of €22 may be imported without payment of VAT. (Customs value is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage costs (CIF value)). However, it should be noted in particular that there is no relief (from Customs Duty, VAT or Excise duty) under this negligible value provision for importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcohol products, perfumes or toilet waters irrespective of their value.
    4. Gift Consignments

4.1 General

Relief from payment of Customs Duty and VAT is allowed on gifts consigned to an individual living in Ireland, from outside of the EU, provided the Customs value (this is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage) costs (CIF value)) of the goods does not exceed €45. (In the case of tobacco products, alcohol products, perfumes or toilet waters the relief is confined to Customs Duty only, and only provided a quantitative limit is not exceeded - see: 4.3. Gift Relief).

Advertisement