Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdrawn charges

Options
  • 11-02-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I feel as I have no choice but to close my boi account. Regularly my account balance changes both online and when I ring 365. I understand that pending transactions take time to appear on my account but even when all the transactions show up and my balance is correct a couple of days later a transaction disappears from the history and my balance is wrong again. At the weekend my balance was at 0.00 on Thursday with all the transactions I had made showing in the history. On Friday evening my balance changed to 500 euro I thought nothing of this as I was expecting that amount to come through from my wages. I therefore spent 100 using my card online through various transactions over the weekend. My balance then stayed at 400 until Tuesday when it changed to being overdrawn. I then had to pay 100 euro for 10 overdrawn charges from my account. I would have not incurred these charges had my account balance being correct and as I don't have an overdraft boi should not have allowed me to spend money which was not in my account. I contacted customer services but there is nothing that can be done to get back the 100 euro I paid for overdrawn charges. Very disappointing. I will try ptsb now as they don't seem to have these issues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon Emma,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy. Transactions can take up to five working days to be fully processed by the retailer. We will forward your comments on to the relevant department and we do hope you reconsider switching banks.

Thanks,
    Evie

Advertisement