Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eley subsonic

Options
  • 11-02-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hi guys any of ye know where a slab of eley 22 subsonic can be got,tried lots of dealers with no luck,even ardee sports who are supposed to be the main dealers in ireland havent got them.seems the supply has been cut off to here thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I got 400 CCI subsonics in Gillilands last week. You could try them I know he had a good selection of ammo but it was the CCI subs I wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deerhunter 25-06

its a buddy of mine thats looking for them,he bought a ruger 10 22 semi auto last year and nothing but eley seems to group well out of it.he has tried most brands out there with no joy at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

The importation of Eley was halted because of the exchange rate with sterling when it reached £0.7 =€1.0. Perhaps the importers could recommence bringing them in now that the rate has improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

hi guys any of ye know where a slab of eley 22 subsonic can be got,tried lots of dealers with no luck,even ardee sports who are supposed to be the main dealers in ireland havent got them.seems the supply has been cut off to here thanks for any info.

Lakelands had them recently. Worth a call

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mcbain087

Top Gun Sports in Drogheda have lots available. Only open Saturday so message them on their Facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Range river mountain always had eleys when i was picking up ammunition. Would recommend giving them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Des has them in Outdoor sports in Mullingar, and James McBride has them in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

its a buddy of mine thats looking for them,he bought a ruger 10 22 semi auto last year and nothing but eley seems to group well out of it.he has tried most brands out there with no joy at all .

Hi,

I know somoone using a 10/22, he tried various rounds and ultimately settled on the Eley subs, but he found the Winchesters were also grouping very well, so suggest he might try the Winchester subs as an alternative.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I got a batch of Winchester subs recently when CCI wasn't available. For some reason I found them extremely dirty as it took twice as long to clean the rifle than it usually does shooting CCI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Range river mountain always had eleys when i was picking up ammunition. Would recommend giving them a call

He wouldn't be somebody i would be recommending, the manners of a boar pig. I used to pass his place to go down to griffin and hawe in athy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I got a batch of Winchester subs recently when CCI wasn't available. For some reason I found them extremely dirty as it took twice as long to clean the rifle than it usually does shooting CCI

Can't say I've ever had that problem myself and Winchesters subs have been my own preferred round for my 22, for the last few years....

Now I think about it, I think the Sellier and Bellot's were the dirtiest / greasiest rounds I've ever used.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

gunny123 wrote: »

He wouldn't be somebody i would be recommending, the manners of a boar pig. I used to pass his place to go down to griffin and hawe in athy.
    Never had an issue. Always took me into the back to have a look at the guns while getting my rounds for the range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Never had an issue. Always took me into the back to have a look at the guns while getting my rounds for the range

Mustn't be the guy who had tallaght rod and gun then, or if it is he must have had a blow to the head at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

gunny123 wrote: »

Id sell all my guns if he was the only fella in the country selling ammo..
    Ill never give him a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ive gotten them recently from john at anglers curse in croom . he has an online shop aswell . see here
    http://anglerscurse.net/hunting-and-shooting/gun-safes?product_id=1588

Advertisement