Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lidl planning for Tesco site

Options
  • 15-01-2016 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I see that the Southern Star has an article about Lidl going in for a revised planning on the former Tesco site in Newtown this week. They are proposing to reduce the unit size and parking numbers

Moderator can you change the title of the thread to 'Lidl in Bantry'?

Why O why could they not work with the existing planning and sublet extra floor space? This new application will open the door to a slew of objections again given that the former tesco developer objected successfully to stop Biggs/O'Keeffe consortium developing the town harbour site.

The whole thing will be delayed for another year before it even gets to site.

The mind boggles

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Just a gentle bump in case anybody heard anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sonnyblack

mp22 wrote: »
    Just a gentle bump in case anybody heard anything new.

The Lidl Unit is in planning at the moment. Nothing further will be known until the closing date for submissions on 22/02. That will indicate who is against it and will most likely appeal the planning permission that will definitely be granted. Decision due on 14/03. Any appeal to An Bord Pleanala won't be dealt with until Christmas most likely.
    Anyone appealing is only wasting their time in my humble opinion. Precedent planning for a Tesco retail unit has been secured on the site and that will ensure that Lidl will also get planning. The town will welcome a second retail and the €8.5M phase 1 inner harbour scheme contract was signed this week as well. Starting in March. Two great developments for the town and long overdue

The date for final planning submissions was yesterday. 22/02. 4 submissions as follows:

1. local shop/petrol station by caravan site
    2. Local shoeshop
    3. Local businessman, ex town commissioner
    4. Bantry Businesspeoples Association.

Don't know details but can only assume they are against the development.

Planning will be granted in my humble opinion and the 4 will most likely appeal to An Bord Pleanala.

Decision by Christmas at the earliest I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

"Decision due on 14/03"

Has there been any progress? I've looked on the Cork Co Co site and didn't find anything.

Link: maps.corkcoco.ie/planningenquirylitev3/Default.aspx
    Planning Number: 1620

scartboy wrote: »
    "Decision due on 14/03"

Has there been any progress? I've looked on the Cork Co Co site and didn't find anything.

Link: maps.corkcoco.ie/planningenquirylitev3/Default.aspx
    Planning Number: 1620

Further information request issued by the council. Run of the mill stuff. Waste management plan and other bits. Council are trying to grant planning with as few conditions as possible in my opinion

• Advertisement

Cork county council have released a decision to grant permission for the Lidl project. It remains to be seen if any of the submitters appeals to An Bord Pleanala. Another month will tell all.

Advertisement