Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir price increase

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I am currently paying over €69 per month for internet, I don't have a phone but according to the eir sales rep I was dealing with it would have been cheaper to take the phone package as well as the unlimited internet package. Can I actually leave my contract based on the cost increase? If so I am gone!
    Yes, if you do so within the time limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eirbear1989

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Yes, if you do so within the time limit.

I got on to eir and they offered to drop my price by €10. I rang sky who I have the TV with and they are giving me the same package as eir for €35 p/m. Sky Hub arrived today. Bye Bye Eir!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

I got on to eir and they offered to drop my price by €10. I rang sky who I have the TV with and they are giving me the same package as eir for €35 p/m. Sky Hub arrived today. Bye Bye Eir!!

wait til next year and Sky jump up the price - if their TV service charges are anything to go by, you are in for a shock.

I went with Pure Telecom - standard price €39 (up from €37), but its consistently the lowest standard price and no temporary offers to hook you to higher prices later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

VincePP wrote: »
    I went with Pure Telecom - standard price €39 (up from €37), but its consistently the lowest standard price and no temporary offers to hook you to higher prices later.

What's your opinion on them? I'm in Dun Laoghaire and considering switching to their purely broadband 100meg deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eirbear1989

wait til next year and Sky jump up the price - if their TV service charges are anything to go by, you are in for a shock.

I have it in writing from Sky that they will not increase the price for 12months which is all the contract is!! Never heard of them, when I was looking at options in the area I never saw them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

fixxxer wrote: »
    What's your opinion on them? I'm in Dun Laoghaire and considering switching to their purely broadband 100meg deal.

Watch out for the deals sans landline number. As long as you're savvy the best price is got by switching providers. Not having a LL number (which you're still paying for anyway) makes it harder to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

If I transfer to pure Telecom- are eir still responsible for the line?

Anyone with experiences of Pure Telecom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    If I transfer to pure Telecom- are eir still responsible for the line?

Anyone with experiences of Pure Telecom?
    What normally happens with providers is that Eir are responsible for maintaining the line but their responsibility is to your provider not to you. In other words if you have a problem with the line then you need to contact your provider who in turn would contact Eir.

Advertisement