Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Eir, How long to wait for connection?

Options
  • 11-02-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi

I considering moving to a broadband only package from Eir.  I current have  Virgin Media Broadband.  

Once I register online for broadband from Eir how long does it take to be connected?  Im in the Knocknacarra area of Galway and after doing a line check is stays that it is a 50mb/s connection.

Once I finish with Virgin Media I don't want to be waiting with no broadband.

This is a new line installation also.

Regards

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

johneire31 wrote: »
    Hi

I considering moving to a broadband only package from Eir.  I current have  Virgin Media Broadband.  

Once I register online for broadband from Eir how long does it take to be connected?  Im in the Knocknacarra area of Galway and after doing a line check is stays that it is a 50mb/s connection.

Regards

John
    Hi johneire31

Broadband only is not available to order online unfortunately. To order this you would need to contact eir sales on free phone 1800303600 or choose an alternative online package. Once an order is placed online the advised time frame is approximately 15 working days. If ordered on a call it's approximately 10 working days.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

eir: Alan wrote: »
    johneire31 wrote: »
    Hi

Regards

John
    Hi johneire31

Broadband only is not available to order online unfortunately. To order this you would need to contact eir sales on free phone 1800303600 or choose an alternative online package. Once an order is placed online the advised time frame is approximately 15 working days. If ordered on a call it's approximately 10 working days.

Cheers
    Al
    Are you sure about this?

if you go here https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/ it seems to be that it can be ordered online.  As when I go 'Get this' link it is asking for full contact details, and the tabs above would suggest that it is asking for banking details and all the norm one would expect with an online order

Regards

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Apologies johneire31

This is a new area :)(mia culpa!)

So, yes an approximate 15 working day time-frame would be advised - after 3 working days from placing your order you should recieve a text advising of your appointment day - apologies once again john!

Al

Advertisement